Museo de Arqueologia del Occidente de Mexico

16 de Septiembre 889, Guadalajara, Mexico
Museo de Arqueologia del Occidente de Mexico - Outside
Museo de Arqueologia del Occidente de Mexico - Ehmmm what is he doing?
Museo de Arqueologia del Occidente de Mexico - Tlaloc, the god of rain
Museo de Arqueologia del Occidente de Mexico - Main room
Museo de Arqueologia del Occidente de Mexico - I liked this one
Museo de Arqueologia del Occidente de Mexico - Part of the collection

Museo de Arqueologia del Occidente de Mexico Guadalajara Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
A little more content than expected Aug 02, 2011
When I saw this museum on the map, and from its name (Museum of Anthropology of the Mexican West), I thought this place would be big. It was the only one of GDL's main museum I had yet to visit.

Then I read a review about it and I learned that it was quite small. When we got there, from the outside it looked really small. But once we got inside, I found that it really was quite average size.

This museum features archeological pieces from the states of Jalisco, Colima and Nayarit, in the mexican pacific west coast. The collection isn't enormous, but it's quite interesting. The size of the museum invites you to take a deeper look at every piece instead of just walking around. They don't allow taking picts, but I managed to take a few -as you can see ;)

The price is merely symbolic (about 50 US cents). They have an interesting book shop inside the museum. I recommend this place especially to history and anthtropology lovers. Or if you like museums but don't like to spend hours in them (like me).
Outside