Museo Picasso Malaga

Museo Picasso Malaga - Museum from the cafe garden
Museo Picasso Malaga - Ceiling in the Picasso Museum
Museo Picasso Malaga - Picasso Museum
Museo Picasso Malaga - Picasso Museum
Museo Picasso Malaga - Photos are prohibited inside!

Museo Picasso Malaga Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Picasso Museum Malaga Oct 08, 2011
The Picasso Museum in Malaga showcases the work of one of Malaga's most famous sons. Picasso left Malaga and never came back when he was about 19, so the museum represents something of a return home.

The paintings span his whole career, from his almost classical early works to later ceramics and more typical abstract works. They are arranged more or less thematically. The signs are bilingual Spanish and English, which is very helpful.

The building itself is in an old mansion, around a central courtyard, and it is very beautiful. The cafe has a garden with fountains and flowering trees. So if someone is less interested in the art you can leave them drinking coffee.

Entrance fees seem about average for Spanish museums, and there is a place to leave your bag safely.
Museum from the cafe garden
Ceiling in the Picasso Museum
Picasso Museum
Vipin Vipin
Impressive, inspiring Nov 09, 2010
As Picasso must be Malaga's most famous son, it would be weird if the city didn't have a museum which didn't showcase some of his artwork!

The entrance fee was 6 Euros, and the museum in divided over two floors. They do have a cloakroom for your bag (no charge), really clean toilets and staff which are very helpful throughout the building. Apart from the permanent collection, they do have a temporary exhibit which will be an extra couple of euros.

I really enjoyed visiting this museum. My favourite has to be the videos of Picasso, where he is just painting small objects such as flowers or animals on the screen. Very simple but cool! The paintings are a very good collection, and the information and quotes are sufficient (available in Spanish and English).

This is quite a relaxing and inspiring visit, so if you have a spare afternoon or are feeling a little tired, this museum is definitely worth visiting.
Photos are prohibited inside!
spocklogic says:
Ah, the lone photo here explains why sarahelaine has no art photos in her review either. Sometimes I will buy postcards of the artworks I like in the gifts hop for a museum where photos are prohibited, then photograph them to post in my reviews. It's hard to get a real sense of a museum without some photos of the art.
Posted on: Oct 18, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Museo Picasso Malaga

You know, what I need is some more hiking!
Since we didn't have New Years plans, we decided to check out Malaga and see what trouble we could cause.  I LOVE spontaneous trips.  Unfortunately, I'd fallen victim to a European Bug Inva…Museo Picasso Malaga.  Megs has far more knowledge of Picasso's work than I do so I was looking…
Arriving into Malaga
Despite the early morning wake up and flight from the UK, I arrived into Malaga with a great sense of excitement. This was my last trip of the year, I was visiting a new region of Spain and I was goi…Museo Picasso Malaga. Picasso must be Malaga's most famous son (sorry, Antonio Banderas!) and yet he never…

Check Malaga Hotel Deals