Museo Nacional del Romanticismo

13 Calle San Mateo, Madrid, Spain
914 48 10 45
Museo Nacional del Romanticismo - An example of the various comfy rooms in the museum
Museo Nacional del Romanticismo - 18th century chinaware
Museo Nacional del Romanticismo - Coffee table with the upside down kid
Museo Nacional del Romanticismo - By the entrance to the museum

Museo Nacional del Romanticismo Madrid Reviews

Vikram Vikram
A very quiet museum, not A-list but not too bad either! Oct 23, 2012
So, I had a Madrid Pass that I had to exhaust in 2 days, and leafing through the books, I noticed that most of the attractions in there were free! So I had to choose the ones that were actually paid-, and this was one fine example.

The National Museum of Romanticism is housed in a late eighteenth-century building in Madrid, Spain. It was then reordered in 2009 and relaunched with its current, slightly different name. The museum's exhibits include items related to the romantic writer Mariano José de Larra.

It's actually quite difficult to spot, and isn't signposted. Plus road construction and barricades meant I got lost...but asked people and eventually found my way.

The museum is very "homely" - you have a posh entrance and the baggage storage is basically a man who keeps it behind the ocunter for you. For a very very modest fee of about 3E, you are then ushered into a 2 storey house with a variety of memorobilia. The one that stuck out to me was a table whose legs are a kid doing a headstand. The rooms were very much in vein of other places I've seen in Europe - coloured rooms with furniture and carpets that match.

I spent about 30 mins before I headed out. I don't think I had a problem with the museum, but the distance to see just so much isn't exactly worth it.
18th century chinaware
By the entrance to the museum
Coffee table with the upside down …
An example of the various comfy ro…
rsvpme says:
A place you were..but not really
Posted on: Dec 07, 2012