Museo Morandi

6 Piazza di Porta Maggiore, Bologna, Italy

Museo Morandi Bologna Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Average collection Oct 10, 2010
Museo Morandi is an art museum situated in the heart of Bologna where admission is free.

The museum has temporary as well as permanent art collections. In a city which houses some great Christian paintings through its churches, I thought that the collection here was a little basic and not very inspiring. The do have some modern work though, which makes a change from all the high art of Bologna. The best bit was going through the building itself. It is quite an old building with a gently sloping staircase and a courtyard which has all these plaques and plates you can look at. The courtyard also has some basic seating.

Considering the free admission and the fact that it is right ear the other main tourist sites in Bologna, this place is worth a very quick visit.
montecarlostar says:
I visited so many museums in Paris that at the end I was sick of them. You know my experience at the Louvre. I think next time I will def visit a couple of museums but will avoid making my days "museum days"! I get claustrophobic easily ;)
Vipin says:
kinda, but i like churches so much more as they are museums/art galleries/religious sites all in one! i visited this as i had an hour to kill before a church opened for the afternoon :D
montecarlostar says:
You quite like museums, don't you ;)

Check Bologna Hotel Deals