Musee Rodin

Paris, France

Musee Rodin Paris Reviews

jenniescharm jenniesc…
Simply not to be missed in Paris Jan 30, 2009
After hitting just about every major tourist attraction in Paris, what do I remember the most? The Musee Rodin. This gem of a museum is simply amazing. Even on a cold December day I spent hours wandering the gardens and the permanent collection. To see "The Thinker" high above the hedges is well worth taking a break from the more common tourist venues. The cafe is a great place for lunch and with three walls of windows you can enjoy the gardens while you eat.

And now for some of the practical stuff...The Musee Rodin is included in the Paris Museum pass, and you can take pictures. Rodin is not the only artist featured in the Musee. One thing to note if you go is that you have to walk through the building where you buy your tickets to get to the garden and the main collection is in an old hotel in the gardens. There isn't much to see in the entrance building other than a great gift shop that I recommend you stop and browse before leaving for some unique souvenirs.
mariemak mariemak
Nov 04, 2007
The Musee Rodin is comprised of a museum and a sculpture garden. The museum is in Rodin's home. It is somewhat small and exhibits several smaller sculptures. I admit I was very distracted while we were inside as the gardens are GORGEOUS and I found myself pausing to look out each window I passed. The sculptures are remarkable and they are so wonderfully displayed. From various points you can also see the gold dome of Hotel des Invalides and the Tour Eiffel in the background. Amazing. We went in the fall, and colors of the leaves are the best I've seen in Europe and made such a great backdrop for these great works of art. I imagine lush and green works well too...and snow would be nice as well. There is some seating in the back of the garden and it is a wonderful place to catch your breath and forget about the city for a few minutes.

Full entrance (permanent collections, temporary exhibits and garden): 9 euros