Musée du pain d'épices et de l'art alsacien

Gertwiller, France

Musée du pain d'épices et de l'art alsacien Gertwiller Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Kind of unusual. Nothing fancy, but something I definitely enjoyed! Sep 16, 2015
The book Espace Randonnee gave me as part of the tour strongly suggested we visited this place, I just didn't know what to expect.

The ground floor is your average biscuit and bread store. Loads of gingerbread and other flavoured biscuits and sweets. I bought a loaf of bread just to sample it.

But the top floor is where it really comes alive. One can buy tickets to the museum at the shop, but the entrance is at the back. The whole building has got this nice Hansel and Gretel façade to it with loads of descriptive murals and such.

On entering the "museum", you are led to the kitchen area where you can meet the chefs, and one chef will talk you through the specialities prepared in the kitchen.

The top floor again was interesting - they've stored the cookie cutters and Christmas and festive related cookie and gingerbread shapes through the years, including a series of pots and pans. It was definitely interesting, if not a bit bizarre!

Overall I'm happy I visited this place. it's not the kind of museum one would factor in when one plans a trip, but it's different than your run of the mill local arts museum!
The front façade of the museum. I…
So this was the actual shop - ging…
More gingerbread
That's the loaf I bought.
Cho says:
Very interesting, indeed!
Posted on: Oct 20, 2015
Ils1976 says:
it sounds interesting! :)
Posted on: Oct 19, 2015

Compare Obernai Hotel Rates (7.5km away)

Gertwiller Map