Muse Lounge

717 6th Street Northwest, Washington, DC, USA - (202) 842-9800

Muse Lounge Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Nice place, nice crowd, nice specials Jul 03, 2010
I went on a Friday for their Plan A Party; you know, the place is supposed to be so great that you won't need a plan B.

If you get on the email list, you get in for free. We were directed to the roof where they were having a happy hour of half priced beers, wine, and house drinks. We saw burgers on the grill, but never saw the food. Nice crowd, mostly professional African-Americans with a small cluster of other cultures.

The roof was only opened until 9, but it was so nice up there, I wish it would have stayed open longer (there is an apartment building or hotel overlooking the roof and I imagine it was a residential policy that closed the roof down at 9, but I could be wrong-who knows?)

We were ushered downstairs to the first floor. Ladies in heels, be 'ware of the stairs, the are not very deep and unless you wear a size 5 1/2, you have to come down at an angle or risk being "that girl" who fell down the stairs. From 9-10pm, on the night I went, they were having a Smirnoff open bar with about 5 differen flavors-that was a great idea! I now prefer Pomergranate Smirnoff with cranberry juice over regular vodka.

If you do acquire a tab, be sure to look at it before you pay it. My friend was stuffing her receipt in her purse when I asked to see it cause I owed her some cash from a shared bill, we were charged $17 for two drinks. I sent her back to the bar to have her bill corrected.

Good place to stop by. It's behind Chinatown and you can take the metro there. If you park, you may have to feed neighborhood meters up to 8 or 10pm, so be sure to check them. It used to be Coyote Ugly, so I am not sure how long it will be there-if it will last or if it will be something new next year.

Check Washington Hotel Deals