Murrieta's Bar and Grill

Edmonton, Canada

Murrieta's Bar and Grill Edmonton Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
Design isn't Everything Apr 24, 2010
We have been passing this restaurant for quite a while and finally had the opportunity to go in with some friends. Our first impressions were that this was a very nice looking restaurant. However, it wasn't long before that eye candy was over shadowed by other aspects of the place.

- First it was freezing. The ladies in our group kept their jackets on the entire time. Not pleasant.

- Next we ordered beers and had to wait almost 15 minutes to receive them. Once those glasses were dry we had to ask for more, and wait another 10 minutes after ordering to get them.

- Then the food.... I ordered the Tenderloin and got a completely unseasoned piece of meat. It was covered in a tomato based sauce I did not order, but I decided to scrape it off instead of sending it back and waiting for another unseasoned piece of meat.

- My wife ordered the lamb lollipops and they were also under seasoned (or not seasoned at all) and it just tasted like raw meat.

- Our sides were mashed potatoes which were bland, and steamed veggies which were also bland.

- I ordered the Digby scallops with my steak and once again they were completely flavorless.

- The menu itself was random. Prices were expensive but seemed to be just randomly made up (ie $34.17 for a steak). Each of the entree's did not mention what it included as a side, so that made the selection much more difficult than it needed to be since we constantly had to get info from the waitress who was basically non-existent.

Unfortunately, our friends who made the reservation failed to tell us that they had a 25% discount because of bad service and bad food the last time they were in.

The positives were simple:

- Nice decor

- Excellent mussels

Next time I am in the area I would walk across the street to The Keg since the atmosphere is much nicer, and the food is much better and quite a bit cheaper.

Check Edmonton Hotel Deals