Murphy's Irish Pub

Jakarta, Indonesia

Murphy's Irish Pub Jakarta Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Just Another Irish Pub Jul 13, 2011
It feels I've written about so many Irish Pub reviews that all of them seem to be about the same; there's nothing I can put my finger on that makes one of them stand out from the rest (maybe I should visit a real Irish pub in Ireland, as Frances suggested). Murphy's Irish Pub in Jakarta falls into this category, and not that there is anything wrong with Murphy's or any of the other pubs, but my reviews are all starting to sound the same.

We visited Murphy's for a birthday meetup for Rini and a welcome home party for Siska. They made a birthday cake for Rini (which was preordered; it wasn't just made out of the kindness of their heart). The ambience is typical for an Irish pub (outside of Ireland) and several expats and business people frequent this place. On the night we were here they were showing the Wimbledon men's final on several TVs and many of the customers were here to watch the match. For dinner, I had a beef sub with fries and Asri had fish n chips. The food was good and the price was in the range of 8-10USD. The staff was pleasant; I didn't have any complaints. On Friday nights they have live music. Their special is buy one beer and get one free, but only after 11PM. I would go here again, but probably only if I was in the neighborhood.

Check Jakarta Hotel Deals