Murphy-Goode winery

20 Matheson , Healdsburg, CA, USA
Murphy-Goode winery - getting my bottle signed
Murphy-Goode winery - one of the owners
Murphy-Goode winery - Murphy-Goode
Murphy-Goode winery - Murphy-Goode
Murphy-Goode winery - a nice pour

Murphy-Goode winery Healdsburg Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Murphy- so so good May 21, 2010
I tasted at their location in Healdsburg right off the square. I think I prefer going out to the vineyards, but this was OK as well. The lady behind the counter was patient and very informative and unpretentious. We had several nice wines... pretty much liked them all except the chardonnay. These are not "wow, the best I've ever tasted" wines, but good, tasty wines at a fair price.

The history of the winery is good if not better than the wines. Minnesota is a big part of it. When you come into the tasting room, you will see a couple of maps of Minnesota with pins and photos. One of the guys is from there and he welcomes all of the Minnesotans with open arms. From the Viking hats to the accents, that was fun.

They have a pretty extensive tasting list. Nothing really stuck out but I was able to get a bottle sined by Dave Redding one of the owners. It was a fun 56 minutes of conversations and stories.

Though not on the tasting list, she offered a taste of their late harvest zin (Box Car) since she had a bottle open. This was good! I like dessert wines when well-balanced, and love some of the rich ports. Their late harvest zin is as fruity as many ports without the heaviness and was not overly sweet.
Murphy-Goode
a nice pour
one of the owners

Related Travel Blogs About Murphy-Goode winery

Start your pour
Ok, so I got to meet up with another Travbuddy while on my CA wine adventure. This guy, Julien, Tuxqc, is like no other. What a fun and happy guy. Julien and I would get to spend most of Friday and S…wineries in the north part of the valley including Matanzas Creek in Santa Rosa, La Crema and Murphy ��"Goode in Healdsburg

Check Healdsburg Hotel Deals