Murakami

www.murakami.com.ua - +380 44 295 9895 / +380 95 280 6364

Murakami Kiev Reviews

akella akella
Nice evenings Apr 11, 2011
I spend there almost every evening when im alone. A nice silent place near the Dnipro river, where i can relax and just read, or do something online (they have wifi)
sarahsan sarahsan
Good sushi in Kiev May 31, 2010
I bumped into Murakami by accident or more correctly, I passed it on the way to my hotel (Slavutich Hotel). This restaurant is located on the east side of the Dnipro River. It is a franchising business and there are 9 restaurants all together in Kiev. The other once are more central located (check www.murakami.com.ua).

Murakami is a nice and relaxed place to eat. They have outdoor as well as indoor dining. I sat down on the covered terrace, but quickly moved inside as everyone seemed to smoke with both hands. The outdoor area does not give away what kind of restaurant it is, but the indoor is typical decorated in a Japanese style. There were quite a few Japanese eating there, which I always take as a good sign.

Murakami is mainly a sushi restaurant, but also serves thai cuisine, noodles, soup, salads and a variety of skewers from the grill (chicken, veal, scallops, squid, seafood, mutton ribs, assorted meat, tiger prawns and salmon). On the Japanese menu they had nigeri sushi, maki sushi, sashimi and okonomiyaki. As an appetizer you can choose between salmon-, tuna-, and sea scallops carpacho. I had the maki sushi, which was very good. The sushi could easily go from good to great if they cut down on the rice and added more fish. As a dessert I tried the Wagashi vanilla, a scoop of vanilla ice cream dipped in sweet batter and then fried.

The service was a bit slow and my waiter wasn´t too friendly, but I believe that was because of his limited knowledge of English. He smiled and became a bit friendlier when I said that the food was good.

Myrakami is a place I can recommend and I would eat here again if I come back to Kiev.
Murakami´s front door sign in Ukr…
Outdoor dining on the terrace
Inside the restaurant