Munich Airport

Nordallee 25, Munich, Germany

Munich Airport Reviews

FK27 FK27
Europe's first 5-star airport Jun 14, 2015
Munich International Airport got an award as Europe's first 5-star airport - an award I totally agree with.

Munich International Airport has two terminals: Terminal 2 is dedicated to Lufthansa and other Star Alliance members, whereas Terminal 1 is dedicated to all other airlines. Between both terminals, there is a mall with beer garden, McDonald's and supermarkets, all of them with very competitive prices.

Munich has a very strict security control, but the security staff was incredibly polite: "May we have a look into your rucksack?" Of course it is impossible to say no if you want to fly, but they did not want to appear intrusive. My body was checked by a 50-year old man who did his job with great respect.

After the security check, prices are roughly twice as much as before. However, Lufthansa provides free coffee, free tea and free newspapers to all passengers in Terminal 2. There is a secluded lounge for smokers, a library with about 150 German and 150 English books, and a business center with free internet access for 20 minutes - enough to check emails. Compared with US airports who charge 1 USD per minute, Munich seems to be a paradise. You can easily spend two or three hours in the terminal without feeling bored, and another two or three hours in the mall outside.

All facilities are clearly indicated with German and English signs. Service in other languages is limited.
Airport mall
Airport mall
Free internet access
Free internet access
cotton_foam says:
How come this review haven't made into a feature yet?! It's deserve to be on the front page! Thanks for sharing !
Posted on: Aug 01, 2015
EmyG says:
My first ever connecting flight was in Munich Airport.
Posted on: Jun 14, 2015
Andy99 Andy99
Smooth traveling at MUC Oct 04, 2011
We arrived at and departed from Munich Airport (Flughafen München) on our Central European trip. Munich is a very easy to use airport. The airport is located about 18 miles (29 km) northeast of the city via Autobahn A9 and A92. (The S-Bahn also connects to the airport.) It's a fairly new airport. Terminal 1 opened in 1992 and Terminal 2 (the main intercontinental terminal) in 2003. Lufthansa is the major carrier at Munich and has a large presence in Terminal 2. (We flew Lufthansa to and from Washington, DC.)

Passport control and baggage claim upon arrival at Terminal 2 was smooth. We were meeting our ground transportation at Terminal 1 and needed to find our way to it. Munich Airport has personnel stationed around the terminals who are ready to answer questions. If you look like you are looking for something, the will approach you to see if they can be of assistance. Very friendly and helpful staff! One staff member pointed us in the right direction!

The airport is full of shops and places to eat. Terminal 2 has a sizable duty-free shop for last minute souvenirs and candy. As we were leaving for North America, we had to go through departure security twice. Once to enter the terminal after check-in at the Luftahnsa counter and then again to enter the separate North America departure gate area. (There is no shopping after entering this departure gate area, so make sure you have everything you need!)
Flughafen München - Munich Intern…
Terminal 2 arrival area
Terminal 2 arrival area
Snack bar in the form of an antiqu…
williamsworld says:
I have been through this airport. I guess I never thought about reviewing it. Cheers to you Andy!! When are you going to make your way to the South. You will always have a place to stay.
See ya, Britt
Posted on: Jun 18, 2012
GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Munich Airport Jul 07, 2010
I didn't spend much time in Munich Airport as I was rushing to catch a connection to Heathrow but the place is big and weirdly long (which is a pain getting to the other end) and seems to have a lot going on but I neither had time to stop nor, as it was sunday, was anything really open. Germany still ahears to sunday being God's day of rest, I suppose.

The place is newly built and pretty modern but I spent so little time there is difficult to say much more.
Africancrab Africanc…
Munich Airport, Germany Mar 01, 2009
I lived in Germany for a few years and traveled to and from Berlin to Munich and Frankfurt. Munich Airport is a very clean and pleasant airport to travel through. What I particularly liked was the fact that on arrival I did not have to remove my luggage from the trolley in order to get into the train. The trolleys at Munich unlike other airports can be taken up and down the escalators without any fuss. Normally when I travel international I have big bags and need help getting up and down, I try to use the lifts but not in Munich.

I traveled in 1999 from Berlin to meet my boyfriend Peter in Munich aboard a Lufthansa flight, on arrival I noticed for the first time how quiet the airport was even though people were moving around, it is because of the spacious nature of the airport. Everything from shops to restaurants and cafes are well located to create more space. The light grey colour scheme gives a cool feeling in the airport. Even though I was already in Germany the fact that I carried a foreign passport meant I had to go through passport control. I noticed the passport control and security checks were very organized and very fast, it literally tool me 15 minutes to go through even though about 5 planes had landed at the same time as mine. The staff very professional, polite and friendly. I would love to be in Munich if I had a layover of more than 5 hours. Beautiful airport indeed.

Related Travel Blogs About Munich Airport

3 days in Munich
Finally it was Munich, Germany for the first couple of days of Oktoberfest, which starts on October 20. We took the train from Vienna to Munich which left us at the main bus station or Bahnhof there.… Airport. We found out that this Inn isn't at the airport at all and that you need a taxi from the airport to get there. Furthermore, the Munich
Munich Airport
I didn’t manage to get any sleep on the plane. I read the newspaper, ate the little sandwich that they gave us and looked out the window.  There was a peculiar guy sitting in next to me who se…Munich has a nice airport. It’s new and sleek and clean. There are also a number of little…
Arriving at Munich Airport, Germany
I have to say I really like Lufthansa airline. The aircraft I travelled with is not big, but seat is comfortable and enough space for me to stretch out. Also it's the only one provide …Munich Airport, where it's freezing outside.  There I realized that I began my journey in a German…

Check Munich Hotel Deals