Multi-cultural food in Singapore

Singapore, Singapore

Multi-cultural food in Singapore Reviews

dodge dodge
Feb 04, 2007
Uniquely Singapore!! Cultural mix is the way Singapore unique. I could say here is the total asia. My trip to Singapore was to experience food culture, fortunately, I was guided by 2 lovely Singaporeans showing me around wherelocals eat.

1. Kaya Toast at Ya Kun Kaya Toast: Near East Park Square

Kaya islocal custardfor toast which tastes sweet made of coconut milk, sugar and eggs. We also have it in Thailand but taste a bit different.Local people eat Kaya with toast and eegs and tea/coffee.

2. Cheap lunch at Maxwell Howker Center

THis is local food court where office people having launch. It's located near China Town. You will find hundred of local food menu with cheap price but lounge quality.

Local noodle in coconut milk soup. Superp!!!

This is my most favourite, tofu in soya milk with moji ball of sesami inside. Good for one who's on diet :p

This roll is well recommended but I didn't have more place in stomach to try.

3 Indian food at Banana Leaf: total experience of India; food, smell, people, sound, touch

Better try with fingers and make sure you wear dark clothes. Stain will leave on your clothes as long as your memory last.

For drink, I really recommend lemon juice!! sometimes they put dried plum inside, great one!

4. Malay food (or Malaysian food) at Sabar Menant Nasi Padang

Great genuine Malay food with easy going, local-style restaurant located in Malay town. You canpick the food at the counter, no menu, no lost in translation with any waitress, see it from the real look, same idea as tapas.

Well, I'm full now.
dodge says:
Hi beautiful!!
Yeah, it's great. Sometime they serve Sprite with plum, same idea with lemon juice. You can try it at home.
BTW, I'll send you email soon. Lots of changes, will share you my dear.
Posted on: Feb 04, 2007
missl says:
Hi dodge
I would love to try that lemon juice..sounds delicious
Posted on: Feb 04, 2007