Mug 'n Bun

(317) 244-5669

Mug 'n Bun Indianapolis Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Great All American Cuisine with a History May 07, 2011
For less than $8.00 I had an experience eating what is considered good ol' American food in Indianapolis. The Mug 'n Bun takes you back in time through the history of American food. You can get the food to go, or eat right outside in your car. The menu has an all inclusive list of food items to satisfy anyone of any age.

Famous for the home made root beer, which unfortunately I did not have as I was dying to have something hot. I ended up with a cup of coffee. It was the weekend of the Indianapolis mini-marathon so the town was busy, so were the restaurants. The service was a bit delayed, but we got everything we ordered.

I must say it is a great place to eat while in Indianapolis. I was taken by surprise, by the interior of the area we sat at. The many colorful plates with advertising dating back to the 1800s. It was exciting seeing what was and what is in present day advertising.

I would recommend stopping by if you find yourself in Indianapolis. The price is good, and it is quite the experience. Like I always say, leave your culture behind so you can experience a new culture. The tradition of food is as old as humanity.

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can accomplish today!
Africancrab says:
It was a great place to eat.
Posted on: May 21, 2011
Flyinhigh says:
Sounds yummy!
Posted on: May 19, 2011
pearcetoyou pearceto…
Mug N' Bun Drive-In May 31, 2011
The Mug N' Bun is located on Indianapolis' west side, not far from the speedway. It has been in operation for nearly 50 years. We came here for lunch during the Indy meet-up. There are two buildings: one is the drive-in and the other is for dining inside. Obviously, with our group, we dined inside. You can also sit outside at their picnic tables.

Mug N' Bun is famous for their huge tenderloins, hand-dipped onion rings, and homemade rootbeer. Mug N' Bun also have what they call the Monster challange...if you eat a deluxe triple tenderloin, family size french fries, and a 32oz. Drink in 30 minutes you get their Monster Meal for free ($15 value), go into the Mug N' Bun Monster Hall of Fame, and get a free t-shirt. No one in our group went for the challenge. I didn't have the regular tenderloin, but I did have the rootbeer and a cheeseburger. The food was good and the price was average for a drive-in. If you ask, they'll give you a free bumpersticker, too.

Related Travel Blogs About Mug 'n Bun

Indy Meetup
The Travbuddy group met on Friday night at the Slippery Noodle Inn in downtown Indy.  This was my first meetup, so I didn't know what to expect.  To be honest, I was a little nervous about …Mug n' Bun and a trip to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  There was a huge group for the dinner…

Check Indianapolis Hotel Deals