Muangphol Mansion

Bangkok, Thailand
Muangphol Mansion - Muang Phol Buidling
Muangphol Mansion - no curtains in this bathroom
Muangphol Mansion - beds look fairly decent but with only 1 pillow each bed
Muangphol Mansion - at least there was complimentary water - and in glass bottles!
Muangphol Mansion - what hotel still uses old school CRT TVs? Only old hotels!

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

Muangphol Mansion Bangkok Reviews

nolan nolan
The only thing nice about this hotel is its central location near MBK Mall and a BTS Station Feb 21, 2015
We had checked in at Mouangphol Mansion on Friday, February 20, 2015. The only reason we chose the place was because of its proximity to a BTS Station and the MBK Mall. The ratings on booking.com weren't spectacular but they always mentioned the location as a big advantage. Well we needed to be near a BTS Station so we could head off to the Airport Link station at Phaya Thai to be at Suvarnabhumi to check early for a 940AM flight to Manila.

I was asked to leave a deposit of 1330 THB (cost of room for the night) upon checking in. We did not have as much THB because we had just arrived from Laos via Suvarnabhumi Airport past 8PM and were in a hurry to meet other people downtown to go into MBK Mall before it closes. My friend who was waiting for us wanted to borrow the password for the free wifi - they didn't give it to him because he wasn't a guest, but just a friend of a guest who was to check in.

They have rude people at the front desk - the front desk supervisor got into a fit when I told him I would need my $100 deposit back so I could change to THB to pay them (this was during checkout on February 21). I told him I was leaving my bag since I would be coming back anyway after exchanging my money because I had only 1200 THB and the room rate was 1330THB. He told me that he won't return my deposit first because he thought I would not return and just leave without paying. Hello? I left my suitcase which is worth over $300 and the contents worth a thousand dollars! I never got such rude treatment from any other hotel, even if smaller hotels where the staff didn't speak English as well!

I was told that because I booked using booking.com and not agoda.com, I have to guarantee my stay with a deposit - we left not just $50 (which was the cost of the hotel for the night), but double that - $100! They said it would be easier if I had booked via another booking site since I would have a voucher to back my stay and they know that they would be paid. I told them it doesn't matter, what is important is how they should treat their customers, not the distrust I got from them.

Absolutely poor service, and the building and facilities are old, not to mention the prices weren't as great. Definitely do not expect anything close to good customer service with people like this manning the front desk!
beds look fairly decent but with o…
no curtains in this bathroom
at least there was complimentary w…
what hotel still uses old school C…
cotton_foam says:
hay, naku korek ka dian! ;(
Posted on: Mar 04, 2015
gingerbatik says:
not good Nolan, very bad service
Posted on: Mar 03, 2015
nolan says:
Wala talaga sa vocabulary nila ang customer service !
Posted on: Mar 03, 2015