Mt Pinatubo

Mt Pinatubo Zambales Reviews

mimi_paredes mimi_par…
Mt PInatubo Trek Apr 24, 2011
Pinatubo Trekking Adventure

April 10, 2011 – weeks before, I was thinking of a visiting Pinatubo, made my research, checked out some different websites and walaaaaaah im of to it; my friends did join me in this adventure. 3am would be the call time-meeting place at a McDonalds Q. Ave, then head to Tarlac, we had one stopover to eat breakfast and buy for our lunch. Our tour operator had given us option of taking the “old way” or the “skyway”. If we take the sky way our trek will be shortened to 45-60mins instead of the 3-4hours trek per way..well for starters like me we took the skyway so we would still have enough time to take pictures and plenty of time to roam around the place..It was such a great experience, though I kinda had a hard time walking because of the pain caused by the ball of the foot, all in all I had a great time..I suggest that you bring extra food for your local tour guide and a walking stick for the long trek, some areas are very rocky so be careful.

Itinerary (old way)

0300 Assembly time. (McDonalds, EDSA corner Quezon Ave. close to the MRT Quezon Ave. station)

0330 ETD for Capas, Tarlac via NLEX

0500 ETA (Capas, Tarlac). Breakfast and buy your lunch (at clients' account)

0530 ETD for Brgy. Sta. Juliana.

0630 ETA Brgy. Sta. Juliana (base camp) to finalize prior arrangements.

0645 Board 4×4 vehicles.—(prepare for the 1hr and 30mins bumpy ride and the extreme heat of the sun)

0800 Start trekking (2 to 3 hours walking, one way)

1030 ETA at the crater of Mt. Pinatubo. Swimming, taking of photos, lunch (at clients' account)

1200 Start return trek.

1430 Back to the 4x4s.

1530 Back at base camp. Freshen up.

1600 Departure from the base camp to Manila.

1900 ETA Manila.

Optional add-ons :

Boat ride: Php 350/person

Cost:

1990 – Package tour

125-add ons for taking the skyway

350-boat ride

--------------

2465.00 ( excluding food )

Things to bring:

Food

Water

Hat/cap

Small towel

Extra clothes for the swimming

Sunblock

Walking stick (optional)
4x4 jeep

Related Travel Blogs About Mt Pinatubo

Mt Pinatubo: Now and Then
A friend who works in Singapore invited me for a day-trip hike in Mt. Pinatubo. Since I am out of job right now, it was so easy for me to accept her invitation especially when she said that she would…Mt Pinatubo was declared the culprit why the global temperature drop during that time, its dust blocking the rays of the sun to reach the atmosphere. This eruption…
Zambales Map