Mt Eden

Auckland, New Zealand

Mt Eden Auckland Reviews

Koralifix Koralifix
Auckland from above Feb 10, 2011
Mt Eden, an ancient volcano which is extinct for thousands of years, represents the best lookout of the entire city of Auckland.

With the option of a fabulous and very panoramic 360 degree view over Auckland and beyond (on clear days), and a closer look at the about 50 metres deep crater, countless travellers cut their way up to the summit at almost 200 metres above sea level every day.

This non-manmade, green point high above the city centre is definitely worth a climb. You can combine your Mt Eden visit with a proper about 15 minute walk and some exercise along a concreted footpath and the street if you leave your vehicle on a car park on the foot of the volcano, there is a café midway up to the summit, or you can drive up to the top of the cone.

If you want to get a sneak peek at complete, impressive Auckland and its surrounding areas Mt Eden is a highly recommended stop.
View from Mt Eden
Green crater
Dave81 says:
Cannot believe that I was not there while I was in Auckland...have to go back ;-) Very nice!
Posted on: Mar 10, 2011
derekbilldaly derekbil…
Mountain Views In The City Feb 13, 2010
Despite being known as the City of Sails, it could just as easily be known as the City of Volcanoes. The city surrounds, encompasses and embraces over 50 volcanoes.

Mount Eden is one of these. It lies just over a 30 minute walk or easy bus ride of Queen Street.

The volcanic cone rises 196 metres above the town to offer sublime 360 degree views of Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf.

From atop the volcano ridge you can follow a path down into the 50m deep crater. Please note that this crater is not only significant to the Maori people but it is also getting damaged from people walking in it.

Th views from the top are worth every step it took to reach its summit. I have been up there more times than I can remember. A great place to sit down with a picnic, then sit back and take the views in.
The View From Mount Eden Of Auckla…
360 Degrees From Mount Eden
Mount Eden Domain
Mount Eden's Crater

Related Travel Blogs About Mt Eden

I'm in New Zealand!!!
Ok so this is a little late on writing but as promised here it is!!! Today, I arrived into Auckland after a ~12 hour flight and the sun sets by the time I rent a car and find my way into the city to …Auckland's Mt. Eden before driving south to the Waitomo caves.  Apparently, I hiked too fast as I arrived…
Sunday was bungee jumps and dinner on top of the Sky Tower
Bungee jumping. . . .and not by me But first we went back to some of the places we’d already been and had a chance to redo photographs or see things we’d missed before.  With the tour g…Mt Eden and its view of Auckland were just too far away to walk on our own.   Mt Eden
Auckland
We arrived in Auckland around 2pm, and headed straight to the place where we had to pick up our campervan. After waiting around there for a few hours, we finally had it given to us, with a free upg…Mt Eden was stunning. We could see all of Auckland, and despite the rain, it made for   a really…

Check Auckland Hotel Deals