MsnSuites Palazzo dei Ciompi Florence

Check Florence Hotel Deals

MsnSuites Palazzo dei Ciompi Florence Reviews

coles coles
Even the hotel is confused on their reception hours Jun 27, 2010
Just changed my original review down to one star. Explanation below.

We had a small irritating experience due to bogus info on the Expedia entry for this hotel and the itinerary they sent me. If it wasn't for that I would have rated it 3 or 4 stars but after the initial check in experience we didn't want to trust the posted reception hours or leave our bags on the last day after check out.

In short we booked two nights starting Sunday. The Expedia entry just says that check ins after 8PM will need to call. We arrived around 1130 to find reception closed but a maid told us it would open at 2.

2 o'clock comes and I find the after hours numbers posted on a side wall on a small piece of paper (note to manager should post it on your doors). Finally call a number that answers and the girl says that she will open at 3.

Now if we knew reception wouldn't open until 3 we could have spent a more relaxing day elsewhere but now we are loaded down with bags for a few hours.

Girl finally arrives at 3:20 and has an attitude. Small argument ensues. Girl blames Expedia and the fact that "these are apartments, not a hotel and that's the way apartments are". Wish it would have said that on the web page and I could have booked a hotel! After a while the girl says sorry and checks us in. Offers us free WIFI for our stay. The wireless box in our room turned out to be broken but didn't bother to complain.

UPDATE: The day after I write my original review I finally go by the hotel's own web site at www.msnhotels.com. The girl I mention above argued long and hard about how Expedia was to blame for not giving us the proper information about reception hours but their own web site lists the following for their hours: - Reception Hours: 08.30 a.m - 9.30 p.m.

- Check in Hours: 2.00 p.m. - 9.30 p.m. Nothing about Sunday's being closed until 3 p.m and give the girl an extra 30 minutes because she doesn't feel like coming in on time.

I just went by TripAdvisor to give MSNsuites some love on there and the first review I see looks like it describes the same problem:

"Posizione ottima ma reception inesistente;se arrivi in un giorno festivo probabilmente prima delle 15.00pm non troverai propio nessuno.Tutto Chiuso!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"

Here are the things that are good about the hotel (or apartments):

1: Well within walking distance of all the tourist sites.

2: Supermarket close by with great deli. Open on Sundays.

3: Nice spacious rooms. Our room was on the 2nd floor and quiet.

4: Very large bathroom.

5: Swap meet market with antiques in the square in front of the hotel on Sundays.

Bad

1: Furniture in the room was a little old. Rooms are on the spartan side.

2: No maid service. Clean your own room it seems. Saw on a review on Expedia that they don't offer maid service for those that book via Expedia. Why? I have no idea.

3: The sink leaked a little onto the floor.

4: WIFI didn't work in the room. Girl at reception mentioned it might be a problem. Looks like no one was proactive enough to check and see the broadcast unit itself was dead.

5: Reception is not open 24 hours. See above for our mini-drama trying to check in on a Sunday afternoon. After hours one must use a key car to enter the hotel but I was always worried about the key card getting getting magnetized and not working and getting stuck and trying to contact the surly girl from reception to let us back in. There was another lady at reception on Tuesday morning who seemed more pleasant but again I was paranoid about leaving my bags there during their siesta / lunch break. That's right they just close up reception for a couple of hours. Didn't have a trusting feeling that the office would open back on time for me to get my bags in time for the train.
Antique / swap meet market in fron…
coles says:
Thanks. I stole the good and bad format from your hotel review.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2010
Glynnes says:
An informative review. Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 18, 2010

MsnSuites Palazzo dei Ciompi Florence Overview

The Palazzo Dei Ciompi Suites Florence is set in the centre of the old city of Florence, in Via Pietrapiana at the point where the road meets Piazza Ciompi. The property is 150 metres from the square of Santa Croce, 350 metres from Piazza del Duomo and about 500 metres from Via Tornabuoni, the famous Florence shopping street. The accommodation units feature a wise choice of furniture and decorations, which create a luxurious and romantic atmosphere. These beautiful living spaces also include all modern facilities for your pleasure and convenience. An on-site restaurant serves delightfully sumptuous meals for you to feast on.

MsnSuites Palazzo dei Ciompi Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • Laundry service

Related Travel Blogs About MsnSuites Palazzo dei Ciompi Florence

The Journey Home
I originally intended to write this blog for my family and maybe a record for the boys they could use for their travels.  I don't even remember joining TravBuddy way back when but saw the blog f…MSNSUITES Palazzo dei Ciompi in Florence?   Generally when I was in a rush and needed to book…

Check Florence Hotel Deals