Mr Wong

Hong Lok Cafe - Shop n° 1 G/F - 20 kwong wa street - Mongkok / Kowloon

Mr Wong Reviews

unc_89 unc_89
Best Meal on a ShoeString in HongKong Feb 11, 2013
My second night in Hong Kong I had several friends organize a group outing to Mr. Wong's . All they would say was that it was really good, all you could eat, and unlimited beer for 50 HKD. This is not the place for uptight people or germaphobes. Mr. Wong's can best be described as sitdown street food. Located in a narrow alley way between the kitchen and another building are fold out tables/ plywood laying over buckets and plastic chairs with a tarp covering. We had approximately 90 exchange students show up at Mr. Wong's on a Friday night with no pre warning. When I saw the size of the space and how crowded the place was I thought surely we wouldn't be seated. But man was I wrong this flamboyantly friendly guy (Mr. Wong) came out and started flipping buckets and throwing plywood across to make extra room down the alley way all the way to the back....some how we all managed to fit! Great customer service. Food is served family style and is seriously some of the best food I have ever had. The typical spread includes: spring rolls, fried rice, bok choy steamed, fritters, chicken green curry, spicy orange beef, steamed broccoli and peanuts. Im sure there is more but after a few dishes you become very full and they won't stop bringing out food until you explicitly tell them to stop :). If you're in Hong Kong and want to experience one of the best street food places...hit up Mr. Wong's!
sliwka128 sliwka128
Mr. Wong //M. WONG Shu Kau Jun 08, 2011
It's awesome place where you can feel the real Hong Kong. You can meet there so many students from all over the world:)

It's very cheap in there you are paying only 60HKD and you can eat and drink (beer including!!!!) as much as you want. Mr. Wong it's a person that you have to meet. I love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Wong Map