Mr Smith's

34 7th Street, San Francisco, CA, USA

Mr Smith's San Francisco Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
Sep 08, 2007
Mr. Smiths is a three level dance club/lounge where I went to celebrate my birthday. I picked it because I'd heard good things about it and it's right around the corner from Bossa Nova where we had dinner. We walked over after dinner and got there a little before 10pm and there was no cover. After ten it's $10. The place was pretty empty so we wandered around the club. It's kind of a divey looking- they don't seem to make an attempt to have it look like a plush club... it's a little quirky. The staff was really friendly and accomodating and when they heard it was my birthday, they reserved a table for my friends and I at the dance floor on the bottom level.

We went back up to the bar on the second level and by then the whole staff seemed to have been informed that it was my birthday. The bartender made me a basil gimlet on the house. It's delicious, and tastes similar to a mojito. The bartender was really into it, mixing fresh ingredients, muddling, shaking high above his head and all of that. After sitting at the bar for awhile, it was getting really packed and we made our way down to the dance floor where there was a table reserved for "Equa" hahaha. It's the thought that counts. For the most part the crowd was classy, unpretentious and ready to have fun. The DJ played a lot of fun Top 40 hits from the late 90s and early 2000s to today but then he broke out into the 80s mix (Michael Jackson, Pour Some Sugar on Me, etc.) for a little too long. These songs are fun, but I think the most intoxicated people are the only ones who seem to really enjoy this. He redeemed himself later by playing some more danceable tunes at the end of the night. If you're looking for a fun and down to earth place to let loose in San Francisco, I definitely recommend Mr. Smiths!

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals