Mr. Pao Guest-House

Don Det, Laos

Mr. Pao Guest-House Don Det Reviews

-Squar3s- -Squar3s-
Why choose Mr. Pao's Guest-house? Jan 21, 2012
If you're visiting Si Phan Don ( 4.000 Islands ) You'll probably hear about Don Det and Don Khon. Both connected with a toll bridge ( pay pay pay ) They take you from the east of Laos with a boat, and drop you in the north part of Don Det ( the island is not even small ) Well here comes the good part. When you arrive you'll probable find wasted people, most of them tourist teenagers. There're many guest-houses and the ambiance in the north is great. I met a good friend from Canada and I wanted to go to Mr. Pao Guest-house, so I started walking. I headed south for the main road ( small one and the only one lol ) There was a moment I thought we'd missed the guest-house ( If you have this feeling, don't worry, keep walking.)

Mr Pao's GH has something unique. It has the showers, kitchen and his own house in one side of the road, and in front, lying on the river, the small restaurant and the bungalows.

I chose it cause it's quiet and you've everything around. You can rent a bike for 1 $ per day, and in a moment you'll find yourself visiting the falls, watching the dolphins, even partying in the north. Mr. Pao makes some routes for great prices, so he can let you enjoy the falls and more activities.

The only thing you've to take care is with the rooftops of the bungalows. They're made of thin steel, which means that when the sun starts shining, you can cook yourself inside ;) So keep that in mind party rocker!

So, my advice? If you're looking for a quiet place, so you can sleep at night, but also a good communication and tasty food, don't even think about getting into another GH. Mr Pao is your best choice.

Marc

PS: I'll avoid talking about prices, cause all the GH are so cheap, about 4/5$ a night.
Sunsets at Si Phan Don