Mr K's

570 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY, USA - 212-583-1668

Mr K's New York Reviews

mfmcp1982 mfmcp1982
Awesome Chinese Food in New York City Feb 16, 2007
We found this OUTSTANDING Chinese restaurant thanks to the concierge at the Doubletree. We were a bit wary we were able to get reservations on the morning we wanted to eat there, and I'm always wary of Chinese-style food not measuring up to proper Chinese fare, but weren't in any way disappointed. It's ranking in the Zagat Guide is well deserved.

Mr K's, sitting on the corner of Lexington and 51st, looks fairly bland from the outside, but from the moment you step through the pink revolving door, you're transported into a luxuriant atmosphere.

Ladies are given a fresh orchid corsage once you're settled at your table, where you sit in plush club chairs. Everyone is offered warm towels to wipe away the city's grime and plenty of staff to rush anything you've used away once you're done - they move silently through the dense carpeting.

The menu was amazing. I was most impressed by the Lover's Dumplings appetiser - petite steamed dumplings with Pork, Ginger & Scallions - just like 'Granny' used to make them in Jimo! We were offered sorbet between courses, which set me up for my main course.

For my entree, I had strips of beef with broccoli and black beans, and it was also delicious. Mark had Peking Duck which was also wonderful.

The wine list was broad and varied and Mark chose us a lovely bottle of Chianti, but there's something for everyone, ranging from reasonably priced to expensive!

You sit, as I said, at square tables on club chairs, or on banquettes in booths. It's definitely smart dress - jeans would stick out a mile.

I'd probably best describe the food as gourmet Chinese. This isn't your run of the mill take away standard food or bog standard Chinese restaurant.

In a word - it's fabulous, we'll be back and I'd highly recommend it.
Mr K's New York