Mowgli's

www.mowglis.co.uk - 02920 343705

Mowgli's Cardiff Reviews

balam balam
One from the Jungle Book! Jan 11, 2017
Just back from another trip to South Wales and I just have to share this fantastic restaurant with everybody, We went under recommendation from Vicki's work Colleague and we were certainly glad we did, It was Lovely and i have not eaten so much for ages.

The food was really really good, of a very high standard and as well as the usual Indian Restaurant dishes there are a lot of really new and unique ones. I thought it would be hard to choose but i decided quite quickly as some things caught my eye and i just decided to go with them than keep looking as there ids a very good chance, or more of a certainty really that we will be visiting again soon soon!

Its in a student area so there are lots of fast food places and restaurants around offering all kinds of foods but clientele, because although it was a Tuesday evening there were quite a few people in was mixed and friendly making a nice atmosphere.

Service was excellent, we ordered drinks while choosing our food but declined on the Popadoms and chutneys offer as we were quite taken by the selection of Starters and I find that Popadoms can fill you up a bit so i only have one or the other.

I chose Mowgli's Special Kebab to start while Vicki went with her old favorite of Chicken Chat, The special Kebab was very nice and a bit of a mixture between a shami kebab and bubble and squeak! I recommend it.

For main course i Ordered Piri Piri Xacutti which was very nice, described as a Bhuna sauce with a portuguese twist it had a lot of really nice flavours and was nice and spicy. Vicki had Chicken Dhansak, I tried a bit and that was lovely as well.

Not having been before we were unsure of the rice sizes so we ordered rice each, Spinach rice and Special Rice as well as a Chilli and Garlic Naan, While one portion of rica and a naan would have been enough they were all really tasty and so we managed to fit them in (Just).

We did not have any desert as by this time we were well and truly stuffed.

I have been a few times since and it is always lovely.

I look forward to our next visit!

Opening Hours 7 Days a Week

Lunch: 12 Midday till 2.30pm

(advance booking only)

[Note: Friday Lunch is Closed]

Evenings: Sun-Thu 6pm-11pm & Fri-Sat 6pm-11 PM
vances says:
Sounds delicious...actually caught my eye because I like a music group with that name, more than the Jungle Book character, lol
Posted on: Jan 11, 2017