Movida

500 bourke street , Melbourne, Australia

Movida Melbourne Reviews

Katie_Cupcake Katie_Cu…
Oh My God this food is like heaven! Aug 22, 2012
This place only needs one word 'WOW'..... however writing one word is not really classed as a review of any sort and i'm afraid my pictures don't give it much judgement but seriously you have to try this place the food is like heaven in your mouth dancing on your taste buds.

There are two parts of Movida; in my opinion i prefer the corner smaller side which is the first entrance, it is quaint, modern, fun, cosy, romantic (if you where with a partner) I know everything I've just said basically contradicts itself but it really is all of those things.

As soon as you walk through the door the smells from the open kitchen hit you in the face and settle you in to your seat as your stomach begins to growl. It has a lovely atmosphere to the smaller side of the restaurant with a really warming traditional feel. Its Spanish tapas and gorgeous, and the waiters and waitresses are lovely, so friendly, up for a chat, they know the menu inside out and recommend and advise whenever you ask it's like they really enjoy there job which is always nice to see as it doesn't normally happen too much in that particularly line of work.

So sat down and just wanted to order every single thing off the menu so instead we asked the waiter to pick a few dishes for us and a nice red and white wine that would compliment the dishes. He did a very good job and give us a really nice variety of dishes. we ordered about 4/5 between us which was more than enough to feed our appetites. This is not one of those places where everything is rushed so give yourself some time to just relax and take in the ambiance and then after your meals finished sit and cat over a glass of wine they don't mind at all which is another great side to this place.

The prices can be a little steep I think overall it ended up about $55 a head but in my opinion it was well worth it and given half the chance if I had the money i'd be back there in a shot.

The only other thing is that they don't let you book tables ahead so if there isn't one available when you arrive you may just be waiting half an hour or so but then again i think its worth the wait and if you head there at about 9:30 like we did (if your stomach can last that long) then there was no problem at all with getting a table.

Overall I really enjoyable restaurant that I will continue to recommend.
valeria001 valeria0…
Spanish tapas in melbourne Jul 19, 2011
Great place to enjoy authentic, high quality average price Spanish tapas! This restaurant is located behind 500 bourke street and there is the restaurant and then-outside bar called la cantina!!!

If your looking at great tasting food- you mist go to movida!!!
jordi_miro says:
Hi Valeria,

Si quieres probar unas buenas tapas cuando pases por Barcelona, escríbeme.

Besos

Jordi
Posted on: Aug 04, 2011
travelman727 says:
Sounds like a nice place! I'll definitely check Movida out on my next trip to Melbourne :-D
Posted on: Jul 19, 2011