Movich Hotel Cartagena de Indias

Check Cartagena Hotel Deals

Movich Hotel Cartagena de Indias Reviews

DAO DAO
Above it All May 06, 2017
I came across this hotel by chance in the Historical District when I noticed cannon inside a hotel lobby. The cannon was from the 17th or 18th century and had been discovered when the Vélez Danies Building was being converted into this great looking hotel. The biggest selling point of the hotel is the rooftop pool overlooking the old city. Having said that, it’s also a source of complaints when they host loud parties up here. You may want to check, especially at these prices, that there are no parties scheduled for your stay.

The rooms are all unique and are beautiful. Some do not have a bathtub, others a deep Jacuzzi. There is an absence of practical furniture, like drawers, but they are all nicely decorated.

The roof is the real beauty. You have to go through the tasteful lobby and water wall to go up. On the top you have a dramatic pool, Jacuzzi and the Sky Bar. Go for at least a drink and maybe a swim, even if you are not staying here.

All rooms have designs by local artist Mauricio Pinto, 32­inch LCD televisions, ceiling fans and climate control, mini bars, rainfall showers, Spa toiletries and a Bose Radio

The hotel also hosts:

- An amazing Sky Bar and rooftop pool

- Tropical garden

- Complimentary breakfast

- Spa treatments

- Fantastic location

- Free parking

I did not stay at the hotel, but when I told them I did hotel reviews, they couldn’t show me the rooms quick enough. And I was allowed to even try a bad, which had a fantastic materss. If I had the money, I would choose this hotel for any stay in Cartagena.
View from the rooftop.