Mountain View Hotel

Mountain View Hotel Rates and Deals

Mountain View Hotel Sapa Reviews

Paulovic Paulovic
Hotel with great view over the valley Jul 24, 2010
In the early morning we arrived in this hotel in Sapa after searching for a descent hotel that had still sleeping places left. The location is a bit outside the "centre" of the place, so we had to walk a bit before at the central square. But I think because of that they have a good location for their view (if not cloudy!). At arrival they didn't had free rooms but they told us at the reception that we could have breakfast first in the restaurant. I remember the coffee was not so very nice, but anyway. When we were ready with breakfast we checked in and they gave us a key of a room, when we went inside the room it wasn't cleaned at all. So we went back to the reception for another room, we got the key and the room was ready for new customers. It was a room on a corner of the hotel so we had a "mountain view" on two sides... Well, if it was not cloudy, unfortunately it there were a lot of clouds in the valley, so we didn't see anything at all. Fortunately for us this wasn't the reason why we took this hotel.

The room was quite big and the beds were lovely. We had a small balcony, but the railing was a bit broken so too dangerous to go to the edge. The bathroom was excellent too, with a good hot shower! Furthermore there was Internet access in the lobby.

The owner (I think) of the hotel personally came to tell us what the opportunities were for tours and that kind of things. She showed us a map of the surrounding area of Sapa. On that map she showed us what kind of tours she had, difference in days and locations to be visited. It was possible to hire a motor bike, she asked me if I knew how to drive it. I said yes, because I thought I have a drivers licence for a car so how difficult could it be to ride a motor bike? Well, very difficult I found out! So we went by car plus driver, which almost killed us too because the driver was texting and not watching the road! Besides that tour for today, we booked a trekking tour for the two upcoming with a local guide.

Besides us there were almost only other Vietnamese guests in the hotel. This is nice from one side, but from the other side these normal people are hard to communicate with, since they don't speak any English. The next day we had the trekking tour with a couple from Spain, that was a little bit easier to conversate with. I think that were the only non Vietnamse guests. During the trekking tour through the paddy (rice) fields, we could leave our big backpack in the hotel and take the small one with us on the tour. They had an excellent service, because when we returned from the trekking tour in the afternoon of the next day we could have a shower and change our clothes downstairs in the basement, which was very nescesarry after this dirty, sweaty, wet tour!
Our room with "Mountain view", all…
The bathroom, looks very descent

Check Mountain View Hotel Rates and Deals