Mountain Highs Chamonix
92 Chemin de la Ch'na, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France
06 08 04 25 00
Check Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Hotel Deals
Mountain Highs Chamonix Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Reviews
Mountain Highs Chamonix Jul 25, 2013
Situated directly at the foot of the Mont Blanc massif - the location of the hostel couldn't get any better than that. very picturesque with all the views that surrounds it including the aiguilles rouges.
aside from the views, the hostel is located in a very quiet part of chamonix, away from the crowds and the center. the staff is so friendly - specially the australian girl in the reception who is very helpful and accomodating to any questions i asked her, always greeting with a smiling face and you feel that youre instantly welcomed. they also have camping grounds, in case the hostel is full and the breakfast is bread with jams in the kitchen plus tea or coffee and sometimes there are free beers / wines in the kitchen that you could take.
there are also some house rules to be obeyed like no one is allowed after 10pm to use the facilities outside of the hostel in the terasse - sauna, whirlpool etc - if you disobey them - they have to let you out.
here are the pros and cons of the hostel:
- amazing view of the mont blanc massif, the aiguilles rouges and aiguille du midi.
- located in a quiet part of chamonix
- bus stop directly at the hostel
- big kitchen with oven, stove, microwave, refrigerators to store your food
- helpful and friendly staff
- hammocks, sauna, whirlpool at the terasse to use after long hours of hiking.
- automatic door locks.
- good crowd with like-minded individuals (trekking / hiking / climbing discussions)
- bit far from the center of chamonix, if you miss the bus (runs only every hour from 7:43 am to around 8pm) you have to walk it.
- small room for 4 persons bed
all in all i recommend this hostel for people who are into serious trekking and mountain activities in chamonix, its not a party hostel. the quieteness of the place is a good thing after some strenuous activities in the moutains and best of all: the whirlpool and the sauna!
Part of the an unforgetable journey across the EUROPEAN ALPS travel blog
Part of the list a guide to the EUROPEAN ALPS.
4 / 4 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!