Mountain Bays Touch Resort Puerto Princesa City

Check Puerto Princesa City Hotel Deals

Mountain Bays Touch Resort Puerto Princesa City Reviews

jenyenh jenyenh
Full of crap hotel May 14, 2011
My girl friends and I were planning to go to Palawan for a girls out. Since a friend came along with me to Philippines, i tagged him along. Unfortunately my girl friends were stuck at work that they can only fly on a friday and spend a long weekend in Palawan. My friend and I flew a day earlier than planned. We arrived at the airport without any hotel reservations, however prior to that we were looking at hotels and resorts in Puerto Princessa. We only search within Puerto since we will be meeting my girl friends the following day. At the airport there was a counter just at the exit. There were about 5 counter and they all offer hotels, tours and general information of Palawan.

I saw a flyer of Microtel Inn and took it. The picture on the flyer look really nice as well as the description of the place. While we were looking for more flyers a lady approached us and ask us if she can assist us. She was very friendly, very hospitable and warm. It was very easy to talk to her. So, I told her that we were looking for a place to stay over night as we will be meeting our friends the next day, however we wanted a place with a beach and just within Puerto. She recommended us Microtel Inn. I looked at the brochures and the flyers it all looked good and I saw it too on their website, it was what we wanted. So, she offered us a free transport to the resort and told us that it will take 15 to 20 mins drive. We thought it was not too bad. Along the way the lady was pointing to us areas of interests and places to go and things to do in Palawan. We really appreciated what she did. So, when we arrived at the hotel, we were ask to choose the room. They have 3 categories: suite room, double room premium and double room standard. The suite was at the corner of the building where you can see the beach and you have a connecting door which was another room but sold as a separate room. The double deluxe room premium was over looking the beach side and the double room standard was over looking the lagoon. We took the double deluxe room premium and paid the middle rate. So, we checked in and they brought our luggage up. The room we were in was the connecting room for the suite. What a surprise? Anyway, we looked at the beach and it was low tide, so my friend and I decided to eat lunch first and then around after lunch we will go to the beach for a quick dip.

Another hour past and the beach remained the same, we couldn't figure out if it was low tide or they didn't have a beach at all. We waited another hour, so we thought we will go for a nap. We woke up after an hour and half and the beach is still the same. Then we realized that the area is full of mangroves before and that there is no proper beach to swim. We have to take a little boat to get to a deeper water enough to swim. We can't believe we were deceived by websites, flyers and brochures and plus the lady that recommended us there didn't tell us about it. We were really disappointed. Also, they only had one restaurant and there was a function going on. At meal times, they had buffet for the participants and they serve Ala carte for the other guests, which was not nice. We didn't know where to sit when we go to the restaurant. And in the evening when we went for dinner, it was crazier than I thought. We sat in the restaurant outside just in front of the pool looking

forward to a nice dinner and suddenly the same group over lunch time was having dinner inside the restaurant. We can see all of them enjoying a buffet since we sat outside and its french windows all over the place. The music was loud suddenly and they started singing. Not that we don't like music but we wanted to have a quiet and peaceful dinner. So, our disappointments became even more. So, when we had our main course we did not even stay for dessert and we took our drinks up to our room and had drinks there. It was not very relaxing at all. We felt that we were cheated by our agent as well as the advertisement. The place didn't even have a proper swimming pool to start with. The room didn't have ameneties except for a soap wrap in plastic with their logo on it. I had to ask for shampoo and conditioner from a room attendant cleaning the room next to us. We felt that the price we paid for was too much, it was not

worth it.

The bed was only great thing in that resort - they provided us a room with two double bed, so I can still roll over with bigger space when I stretch in the morning. Despite my disappointments I found the staff were great though, they keep their smiles and great you when they get a chance. I think they need a long way to provide a good service. However, they need to be honest to their guests, for this I will not recommend this to any of my friends. They were not able to gain our trust, so I will not even come back to them again. I will rate them 2 just for the good bed to sleep on, otherwise its 0.
kzammy says:
You put the heading as Mountain bay's touch but you are talking about Microtel. Check your data to be fair
Posted on: Apr 18, 2015
mavicmongers says:
Nice report...looks like a cool hotel from the pics!!
Posted on: Sep 08, 2012

Mountain Bays Touch Resort Puerto Princesa City Overview

The Mountain's Bay Touch Medi-Spa and Eco-Resort is located in Palawan making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. The Mountain's Bay Touch Medi-Spa and Eco-Resort boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. The guestrooms are equipped with non smoking rooms, air conditioning, desk, television, shower. Hotel facilities offered at this Palawan accommodation include shops, bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, meeting facilities, restaurant, room service, safety deposit boxes, hotel/airport transfer. For guests to unwind, the hotel offers a variety of facilities and services including jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom, spa, garden. These top-class facilities are complemented to excellent services to meet the needs of visitors to Palawan. To book a room easily at the Mountain's Bay Touch Medi-Spa and Eco-Resort, please submit your travel dates and proceed with our secure online booking form.

Mountain Bays Touch Resort Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels