Mount San Salvatore

6912 Lugano, Lugano, Switzerland
Mount San Salvatore  - The Funicular San Salvatore station
Mount San Salvatore  - The Funicular San Salvatore station
Mount San Salvatore  - Yes my hat is a bit too big for this cloudy morning!!! I was expecting sunshine lol!

Mount San Salvatore Lugano Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Mount San Salvatore Ticino Sep 25, 2015
We took a bus from our hotel in Elvezia to the foot of the cable railway station Mount San Salvatore (or locally known as Monte San Salvatore) in Paradiso, Ticino. We bought the tickets at the station and waited for the funicular. It was quite a short ride and you are at the top.

Monte San Salvatore historically was known to be a pilgrim site in the 13th century. The faithful pilgrims was said to climbed to the summit in order to pay homage to the Son of God who, according to ancient legend stopped there briefly before being ascended to Heaven.

At the top of the mountain (912 metres above sea level) there is a little chapel. There is also look-out point for panaromic photograph opportunity. Unfortunately for us, the weather was a bit too cloudy for otherwise the view up here would be fantastic as you can see the whole Lugano skyline, Ceresio lake and the Swiss & Savoy Alps. We were here during the first week of June and the weather in Switzerland is always a bit tricky in June.

So this is one the things to do when in Ticino!
The Funicular San Salvatore statio…

Check Lugano Hotel Deals