Mount Kinabalu Park

Sabah, Malaysia

Mount Kinabalu Park Sabah Reviews

KarinaB KarinaB
Mount Kinabablu National Park Mar 31, 2012
I spent 3 days altogether in Mt Kinabablu Park (day trip, plus further 2 days with an overnight stay). It is possible to have a day trip there from KK (I advise to leave early as buses will leave only when full and journey takes about 2 hours, RM20 one way-unless you're a local, then you pay RM15), alternatively you can stay in one of the lodges nearby. The park has a number of trails of different grades and lengths, and if you're lucky with the weather, you can admire Mt Kinabablu itself. Entrance will set you back RM15. You will find some restaurants, toilets, gift shop, visitor information centre and botanical garden. Be prepared to get lost or walk around in circles as some of the trails are really confusingly signposted and map,which you get at the visitor centre, is not that great either. Nevertheless, if you like walking, you'll love this park, just like I did :) Don't forget to take a lot of water with you and if you're not a big fan of leeches, take light hiking boots! I walked in trekking sandals and they worked ok for me, however had to then remove some of those bloodsuckers few times ;)

I visited botanical garden (additional RM5), however in my opinion, it wasn't worth it.

Outside the park's headquarters you'll find a little local restaurant with cheap and really nice food :)
nikfriend says:
Thats gr8 :)
Does it require to do an advanced booking for this lodge?
KarinaB says:
I stayed in Kinabalu Mountain Lodge (I haven't written my review, but I can recommend it already :) ), which is about 1km from the Park. Not sure if there's anywhere to stay overnight in the park, but no worries, as there are places around the park. I haven't come across a lot of mosquitoes, but I'm usually not bothered with them anyway, lol ;) However, take some anti-bugs spray as something will probably try to attack you one way or another- the beauty of nature, eh ;)
If it happens you decide to stay in the lodge I recommended, there's a nature trail straight from there which takes you to the park at the back,via very interesting, muddy and great way ;) I loved it, but I get very excited with stuff like that, hahaha :D
nikfriend says:
How was your experince about overnight stay in park ? Are there lot of Mosquitoes ?

Check Sabah Hotel Deals