Mount Hermon

Golan Heights, Israel

Mount Hermon Golan Heights Reviews

meelg meelg
Israel's Highest Peak at 2,814 m (9,230 feet) Feb 04, 2010
It was the first time I had seen snow so I'm sorry to say I don't really have what to compare it to, but I had a great time! There wasn't enough snow that day for skiing, but the children's sledding slope was open and kids were having a good time. We made a snowman, drank some beer, took great pics and really enjoyed ourselves! I went with 2 friends: a Costa Rican, and it was the first time she had seen snow too, and an Israeli who has been there a few times.

The drive from Israel populous center took about 4.5 hours. Entrance cost 45 shekels, and the cable ride up the slope cost an additional 40. And it's 5 shekels cheaper for kids. There are hiking trails, but we didn't take them... we were too lazy!

It is not a place for hard core skiing, but it's the only ski slope Israel has. Mt. Hermon is very family oriented, and it's a great place to take kids.

The eastern face of the mountain is a closed off military area as it borders with Syria. Sometimes you can see the I.D.F.'s alpine unit exercising.
Panoramic view of the western face…
Our snowman!
Me with Stav and Maggie!
Gotta love pics like these!

Check Golan Heights Hotel Deals