Moulin Le Cygne

Moulin Le Cygne Rates and Deals

Moulin Le Cygne Stenay Reviews

Sweetski Sweetski
Beautiful and convenient hideaway May 22, 2010
I booked a night's stay here through booking.com, a site that always provides plenty and useful information. Yet, I was still pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Situated in an old water mill (still working), Moulin le Cygne (Swan mill) is a beautiful little hideaway.

The reception we received was a little cold. Being in the French region Meuse, I started chattering to the lady behind the reception desk in my best French, but to my surprise she answered in Dutch. Turns out like us she was from the Netherlands, which might explain the cold reception. She missed the French warm touch of joie de vivre, and gave us nothing but rules and regulations, explaining what we could and couldn't do during our (one night!) stay at her pride and joy B&B.

Despite the arrogant 'welcome', I immediately fell in love with the place. The mill is beautifully located, restored to high standards and decorated accordingly with an eye for detail. It really had that Northern French cottage feel to it.

The two rooms we got were bigger than I expected, and were more like suites than rooms. They both had a living room with working fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen and separate bedroom with en suite bathroom. It being early may, the rooms were a tad bit cold and damp, but turning on the central heating fixed that soon enough. The bed was magnificent, meaning long enough for me (6.5ft) to sleep in, excellent mattress and beautiful soft bed linen. The bathroom was great too; the shower-head adjustable to my height, and the well pressured water came down in big warm streams like tropical rainfall.

This place is great 'base camp' for extensive hikes and bike routes through the region. Displayed in the reception area, were many leaflets with routes and maps which you could take for free. The mill also has a lovely large garden with sun beds to recover on, after exploring the surrounding hills and vineyards. Tucked away in a sheltered corner of the garden is an herb section, where we were allowed to pick herbs (on a fair use basis) to enrich whatever we were cooking at night.

Breakfast was just fine, the croissants probably the best I ever had. The service we received (by the same lady) was slightly more cheerful than upon our arrival, she even came to ask how we would like our eggs done, should we want any.

Due to the romantic, peaceful location and the possibility to be completely self-sufficient (meaning not having to interact with the proprietor too much), my wife and I will return to the mill in the future. Because of its great value/money ratio, I can recommend this place to any peace and quiet seekers.
The fantastic (long) bed, with sof…
The living room
It's a restored water mill
Doesn't look like a mill from this…
Sweetski says:
Food could be bought at local butchers, bakers, grocery stores and a mini-market. I love how the French keep the local store in practice. Almost everywhere else in Europe it's super- or mega- markets :(
Posted on: Sep 22, 2010
sylviandavid says:
What a nice review.... It's always a bit disconcerting to have a cold or rude reception.... but it appears you did ok in the end... nice place... Where did you get the food that you cooked with the herbs?....
Ah... and once again a properly tall shower... (why this is an issue I'll never know. LOL. )
All in all this sounds so tranquil... thanks for this great review.... Sylvia ♥
Posted on: Sep 22, 2010
Sweetski says:
You're welcome Gpat! Thank you for the compliment :)
Posted on: May 23, 2010

Moulin Le Cygne Overview

The Moulin Le Cygne Hotel is located in Stenay making it one of the best hotels to stay at while in town. The Moulin Le Cygne Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. In-room facilities include non smoking rooms, hair dryer, ironing board, television, shower, separate shower and tub, kitchenette, satellite/cable TV.Guests staying at this Stenay accommodation can enjoy a wide range of hotel facilities such as shops, bar/pub, business center, bicycle rental. The hotel offers water sports (non-motorized), garden to provide extra pleasure and relaxation for all guests. These top-class facilities are complemented to excellent services to meet the needs of visitors to Stenay. To make your reservation at the Moulin Le Cygne Hotel via our secure online booking form, please submit your visit dates.

Moulin Le Cygne Amenities