AsiaIndiaGoaGoa Tips

Colva, Goa, India

"Motorcycle trip in Goa" Reviews

demini demini
Best place in Goa May 05, 2011
If you really want to see Goa, then a motorcycle or scooter is by far the best way. Traffic is not bad, as you can avoid cities, and just enjoy the quiet, twisty roads along the beach.Really beautiful, especially in the south.Just watch out for cows, and their very slippery poop! Sadly, rental bikes cannot go outside of Goa, but there is plenty to explore anyways.

I found the best place to rent was in the lovely sleepy village of Benaulim. I rented mine from a place across the road from the excellent Star of the sea hotel. He even serviced the bike before I picked it up when I told him of my plan to travel all round Goa.
motorcyclediaries motorcyc…
"Renting a motorcycle in Goa, India" Mar 04, 2011
Name: Mr. Savyo

Address: Colva beach, South Goa

Occupation: Conning travellers......oh and sometimes also renting out motorcycles.

Fellow travellers,

If you do intend on renting a motorcycle to travel in and around Goa, please make it a point to avoid this one person to rent a bike from.

My friend and I, rented one from him and happily proceeded for Humpi (a place in shouthern india......beautiful one). The motorcyle broke down in the middle of nowhere leaving us stranded out there.

We had to ship the bike to place which was around 30 kms away from there.

So far i'm not upset as i took it to be a freak mishap and assumed that this can happen to anyone anytime.

Only when i managed to get the bike to a mechanic did i realise the the engine block gasket had given way because of which there was an air leak from the chamber.

Had the bike been maintained well and kept in good condition this wouldnt have happened. this is when i got upset as because of this, my poor friend had to wait for good 5 hours before we were up and running again.

Not only does this person named Savyo deny that he owes us any apology but he even has the odacity of not re-imbursing all the money we spent to get his bike repaired.

We couldn't do much as he had my friend's passport for security against the bike.

So friends, if you are looking to rent a motorcycle to travel in and aroung Goa,

DO NOT consider this Savyo fellow.

Check Goa Hotel Deals