Motel 6

Check Youngstown Hotel Deals

Motel 6 Youngstown Reviews

tour_guy tour_guy
Budget motel very near to I-80 interstate Youngstown, OH Aug 22, 2015
I chose this Motel 6 at Youngstown, OH because it was very close to the interstate I-80 during my long road trip. It was not my first time to stay at Motel 6 chain, I was pretty aware of what I will end-up with given it is budget motel.

I did not make the reservation upfront, so I walked-in seeing the published rate as $49.99/night, while other motels around that area was bit higher and since I had good experience with Motel 6 hotels in past, I did not hesitate to choose.

When I walked and asked for the rates, the staff first tried to trick me saying that $49.99 was senior discount rate and the least they can offer me was at $59.00/night. The good thing I did before entering the hotel is checking the published rates on their website which clearly was selling it starting $49.99/night without any discounts. So, I mentioned that and the staff had no way to reject rather than accepting the internet deal!

I was offered a room in the 2nd floor on a 2-storey building and since there was no elevator's it was bit hard to carry the luggage though I left some in the car.

The room was very clean with huge king bed, nicely painted and lighted to my surprise. The bed was reasonably comfortable after a long day drive. The sheets, pillows and towels were clean and had no issues.

The amenities were nothing to basic or just basic I would say. No mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and stuffs. There was a TV, dining table and some simple toiletries. The free wi-fi wasn't working during my stay and the staff just had to apologize for that.

One thing I wasn't happy is when I asked drinking hot water, the staff mentioned that they don't have any way to get it, but they suggested me get it from a coffee shop across the street! How can chain motels like this do not have a way to brew coffee/tea or even just have a hot water kettle for guests in need??

The bathroom was not bad and had a good shower head with good hot water pressure.

Overall, this place is just a motel on the roadside to break a long road trip and to get some quick rest. I would probably do some research on other hotels with more amenities around that area, if I am driving along that side again.
Vikram says:
Smart man spotting the 59 vs 49$ thing!
Posted on: Aug 22, 2015