Motel 6 Rockford

Motel 6 Rockford Rates and Deals

Motel 6 Rockford Reviews

festerwretch festerwr…
Right off the interstate May 17, 2009
Well, the story of why I stayed here is more interesting than the review of staying here will be. But it is kind of fitting. I was in the midst of a work schedule that had me going to bed around 7am and leaving for work at about 3pm. At home, at about 6:45am, I heard a loud “liquidy” explosion from the furnace room, which is also where the plumbing exits the house to the municipal sewage line. Sure enough there was break in the plumbing pipe that lead out to the sewer. I was able to seal it off before the break, but not before a lot of, ahem, sewage had leaked into the furnace room. Anyway, long story short, this was just before going to bed, and I needed a good “days” sleep before work. Plus, after working with sewage, I knew I’d need to be able to shower before work too (something I would not be able to do at home until our plumbing got fixed). Anyway, I went online to find the cheapest Rockford area hotel, and the Motel 6 was the one I found.

…and it lived up to being the cheapest in price by being low in quality. The whole room had a dirty / dingy quality to it. It was not unclean – I could tell that housekeeping had cleaned it, it was just not being kept up very well. The bed wasn’t particularly comfortable, the TV had some goofy sticker partially removed from right near the speaker. BUT, it did get me the sleep (and plumbing) that I needed before work, and in an environment free from certain offending smells.

Anyway, location wise it is great: right off the interstate (I 39 / 90), and on State street (US 20) which leads directly into downtown Rockton. There are plenty of nearby restaurants – both sit-down and fast food.

Verdict: Ultimately, one could stay here without it being horrible, however; there are a number of other hotels in the near vicinity that one might want to try first.
Motel 6 Rockford, IL

Motel 6 Rockford Overview

This Motel 6 offers a wide variety of amenities including: 24-hour front desk service, facilities for persons with disabilities and complimentary coffee. For a nominal charge fax services are available. Snack, beverage and ice centers are available. We offer several room types including rooms with one or two beds.

Motel 6 Amenities