Motel 6 Newport

Check Newport Hotel Deals

Motel 6 Newport Reviews

whitepunkgirl whitepun…
Cheap and Close Aug 22, 2011
This place is close to the main part of town and the Mansions. Only 9 minutes away from the Newport, RI tourist Information Center. If you want convenience, this is the place to go. Rates during the week are cheap, but double for the weekend. From the main lobby, if you look outside, you'll see the adult shop across the street. A big red sign that says ADULT SHOP. That didn't bother me, but a bit funny.

The hotel shares a parking lot with the shopping center next door which has a subway, Cleaners, Walmart, etc. At least there was plenty of parking, and we were able to park right outside our window. The hotel is only two floors and in the shape of a 'L'. You couldn't get to lost trying to find your room.

Let's start off with they didn't leave the light on for us. (Isn't that what there commercials say?) Instead, they left the A/C on full blast freezing and window open for us to let the A/C out, twice. When Abby and I left for the night our second night there, we closed to window and turned off the A/C. When we came back, the room smelled a bit moldy or musty. It wasn't pleasant, and that's when I had to open up the window. Helped with the smell. I didn't complain about the moldy smell because it was our last night there, and it was already to late at night to change rooms. We got back around 1:00am. Good thing it wasn't cold out, though.

The comforter was a big Motel 6 advertisement. It was very thin and when the A/C was on, it didn't keep me warm. I had two sheets and a wool blanket under my comforter. The sheets just felt stiff like they used to much starch when washing them. The wool blanket smelled a bit funky. I used febreeze on the blanket. The bed itself was fine though. Wasn't to hard and stiff or to soft. I was able to fall asleep on it without a problem. It's what you expect for the price that you pay to stay there.

The bathroom was fine. They didn't have enough toilet paper. They also didn't have towels big enough for a person. We had to used more then one towel to dry our self with. Other then that, I had no real complaints.

They had no cups or ice bucket in the room. Not that this bothered me, but I was pointing it out for anybody that likes to have them available. Only two outlets in the room, so we couldn't charges our laptops and phones at the same time. You have to have your priorities.

The wifi cost $5 for 24 hours, and only certain rooms could even get wifi. Not all rooms had it available yet. I made sure we had a room with wifi. Only one person can use the wifi code at a time. Once you start using it though, the timer starts on the wifi.

The remote on the TV worked, but the TV was small. The TV had lots of channels, and most of them were in English. We ended up not even turning it on while we stayed there. You had to pay a little extra in order to have a microwave in your room. It's not the price, but the matter of fact that not every room has one. Mini-fridge in the room, and there wasn't even an extra charge for it.

This place is fine if you just want a place to put your bags and rest your head. They have vending machines and ice machines. But if your looking for any luxury, don't come here. Domino's knows the hotel well, and will deliver your food fast and fresh. Make sure to tip them well.
Sign outside the hotel
Outside view from main lobby
Our bed sheets, if you look closel…
See!

Motel 6 Newport Overview

This Motel 6 is conveniently located just minutes from the beach! This location is just a scenic ocean drive away from many nice restaurants, shopping malls and entertainment at the Jai Alai Casino. WiFi available in all rooms for $2.99 per 24 hours.

Motel 6 Amenities

• Modem / Data Port
  • TV
  • Casino
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)

Check Newport Hotel Deals