Motel 6 Los Angeles - Hollywood

Check Hollywood Hotel Deals

Motel 6 Los Angeles - Hollywood Reviews

anewchapter anewchap…
A Great Motel if you like Passive Smoking Marijuana Apr 06, 2015
So first the positives. The location is great. If you arrive in LAX Airport its around an hour shuttle ride to Hollywood/Vine bus stop and from there the motel is a 5 minute walk away. A 1 minute walk on your on Hollywood Boulevard with plenty of places to eat and shop and sight see.

The staff were friendly and the room is relatively clean. Thats the end of the positives.

Negatives. The walls of the rooms are paper thin. I don't think I had one good nights sleep in the place. In each room is a heater/cooler, which is very loud. So not only can you hear people talking all night in the next rooms but you have the heater/cooler from the next room vibrating all night too just to make sure you can't sleep.

The clientele of the place is not exactly respectable. I read another review somewhere that said the motel is "like a ghetto" and I would have to agree. When I first arrived at the hotel there was a bunch of people just sitting on the motel steps who didn't look like they were staying at the motel. They looked more like they were eyeing up people they could rob on the way out.

After I checked in, I went into the elevator which looked like it was ready to take its final breath.

When I exited on the 4th floor I was hit by the stench of Marijuana (yes, I know what it smells like..shhhh).

People were obviously smoking this stuff all night. At one point I had to clog the doorway to stop the smoke because it was getting waaaay too smokey in my room.

During one of the days I got a cab and asked the driver about the motel. He told me that its well known for youngsters to go there for 1 or 2 nights, do drug deals, bang prostitutes and smoke pot.

There was also the occasional argument going on in the hallways. One happened at about 4am with a girl hysterically screaming at her boyfriend (I assume) and people in other rooms coming out to tell her to shut up, thus making things worse.

Theres absolutely no way I can recommend this motel. The location is great and if your on an extreme budget and aren't a family or single female then its up to you if you want to risk it. Families, single females or kids should stay well away from this place. I never felt threatened or scared but it felt like one of those places where you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time and things could get ugly.
Motel 6, Hollywood. I guess I was …
Motel 6, Hollywood. I guess I was …
anewchapter says:
Haha no way I would have risked taking photos. I should have recorded the audio though. What a place haha
Posted on: Apr 07, 2015
trippin_jen says:
Oh it'd be good if you had some photos or videos of the 4am incident..
At least you've got a great story to tell there... :)
Posted on: Apr 06, 2015