Motel 6 Holbrook

Motel 6 Holbrook Rates and Deals

Motel 6 Holbrook Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Assure Low Price, Clean Sheets and Warm shower Jun 09, 2011
I started using Motel 6's only 8 months ago when Mark suggested we use it in Flagstaff, Arizona. Prior to that, I had never used a motel as a choice of accommodation during my many travels. Travelling from Tucson to the Petrified Forest National Park, we broke off the monotony of the road with a stop at a small town called Holbrook. We left Tucson after 4:30 pm, which put us between the rush hour evening traffic and the dark of night. Mark had pre-booked the motel after reading reviews about it. Apparently for that area, Motel 6 came highly recommended and I could see why once we arrived.

We checked in at a quarter to 11:00 pm. They sure left the light on for us. The front office attendant was quick to check us in and advise us of the discount we would get in the morning if we had breakfast at Denny's.

The room was okay, nothing fancy, but the 2 queen beds worked perfect for my family of three. The only complaint, I had was the fact that the room smelled stale. I could not bring myself to identify the smell, but it was something between dirty water sitting somewhere in the corner and a mix of bad body odor. Well we left the door open for about half an hour and run the cooler, until the smell disappeared. Well may be it did or our noses adjusted to the bad smell enough for our minds to settle.

The shower was hot and we had enough bath amenities. The usual soap and shampoo, wash clothes and fresh towels. The bathroom looked refurbished with new granite looking counters. The burgundy (maroon) floors created a cool effect in the bathroom. Inside the room, we also had an old TV with most national channels, a refrigerator, and a microwave. The familiar bedspread with bright colors look like a child's bedroom. I must admit, they have done a good job making themselves easily identifiable. This particular Motel 6 even had a courtyard with BBQ grills. I found that quite interesting.

This is a budget friendly accommodation. For only $42, we had a good night sleep and no holes in our pocket. Motel 6 has been offering budget accommodation since 1962 and has expanded to include most states in the United States. If you are looking for budget, go online and look up Motel 6 for the state you are are looking to travel to. Most times, no reservation is required, as their slogan says 'they will leave the light on for you'. With over 800 locations nation wide, you are sure to find one. The disadvantage is that they are only in the United States.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
Africancrab says:
Posted on: Jun 19, 2011
Mark184 says:
Funny, that was my first thought regarding the quote, it is a great true quote that we (I) sometimes forget. Traveling cheap is rich for the soul!
Posted on: Jun 18, 2011
Africancrab says:
You are quite welcome, I love the Mark twain quote as well. There is no better travel quote.
Posted on: Jun 12, 2011

Motel 6 Holbrook Overview

The Motel 6 Holbrook is within 2.4 miles away from downtown Holbrook. Nearby tourist sites include the Petrified Forest National Park, Homolovi Ruins State Park and the Painted Desert. The Holbrook Municipal Airport is less than a mile away from the property.

All guest rooms at the Motel 6 Holbrook are provided with free high-speed wireless Internet connections. All units also have cable televisions, microwave ovens, refrigerators and telephones with free local calls. Accommodations for physically-challenged guests are available.

The Motel 6 Holbrook features an outdoor swimming pool with a sun deck. This motel also provides coin-operated laundry facilities, computer stations in the lobby, free morning coffee and a parking area that accommodates trucks.

Motel 6 Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Motel 6 Holbrook

Weekend Getaway trip to Petrified Forest National Park, Canyon de Chelly, Monument Valley & Prescott
Our four day weekend getaway began in Tucson. The plan was to visit 4 destinations on our dream destinations: Petrified Forest National Park, Canyon De Chelly (Canyon de Shay), Monument Valley and fi…6,000 ft. From Show Low, we aimed for Holbrook where we booked a motel room for the night…

Check Motel 6 Rates and Deals