Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue

Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue Rates and Deals

Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Not the best of Accommodations, but it will do Aug 30, 2010
We stayed at Motel 6 on Butler Avenue on our 4 day weekend trip to Bryce Canyon National Park. Following our great experience at Motel 6 in El Paso Texas, I decided we would use Motel 6 on our trip to northern AZ and Southern Utah. We made no reservations based on the fact that motels are never really sold out. Mark had even done better, he had picked up a book with all Motel 6s in the state of Arizona. I was shocked to see him with it. Mark is the planner and I, the spontaneous traveler.

We had left Tucson late afternoon for Flagstaff, arriving after 7:00 pm on Friday. We drove on to the first Motel 6 we came across. It happened to be Motel 6 Flagstaff on Butler Avenue. Now if I had read the reviews prior to traveling I would have decided against it. Seeing as I never read reviews on accommodations prior to travel, we went right to the office and booked a room for 3 for the night. The first room they gave us was clean, well kept, but the air conditioning failed as soon as we turned it on. It made a pump loud sound and went quiet. For a moment I thought it might turn back on, but nope. Mark called the front desk and was advised to go down to have the room changed.

The next room we were given was perpendicular to the first one. Thank goodness the air conditioning was working. There was a stale smell in the air, as if there had been a smoker in the room prior. The cleaning team did not manage to get it all out so the smell stayed in. The air conditioning masked some of the smell. The shower was basic, but clean. What I particularly did not like was the fact that the air conditioning was so loud. Mark and Desire did not seem to mind much. I'm a rather slight sleeper, so noise bothers me. Well that aside, I was tired so I talked myself out of the noise. Had a nice hot shower (the hot water was refreshing).

The more positive thing in the motel happened to be the soap. You know when you go to hotels and check the bathroom and find a display of nice soap and amenities? Well, this motel had really lousy towels, but the soap was a 4 star hotel kind. I took one as a keep sake. It was not worth the price; we paid $70.00 with taxes. I believe we could have got a 3 or 4 star hotel for that price if we had pre booked. Well, I can not complain so much, the bed was less comfortable, but we managed to sleep well.

The Motel could use some improvements; changing the bed covers to a much calmer/ cooler color would enhance the rooms making them look much more inviting. They had bedding that looked like one found in a little boys room. Bright blue with yellow, red and a touch of white, with the Motel name written on it. I could not believe it. In fact it was too much I could not even take a photo, I wish I had though.

I will tell you one thing though, their location is great for a one night, if you are on the road and trying to make time. They are right on the highway, next to the exit of Highways 89 and 40.
Glynnes says:
Nice. Thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Aug 31, 2010

Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue Overview

This Flagstaff accommodation is named the Motel 6 Butler Avenue Flagstaff. It has a central location and is nearby some of the top businesses in the city. The hotel has a physical address of 2010 E Butler Avenue and can be found in Flagstaff, Arizona. The Motel 6 Butler Avenue Flagstaff has easy access to Interstate 40. It is just four miles from the Northern Arizona University.

This location offers 120 rooms for rent. Guests who stay at the Motel 6 Butler Avenue Flagstaff can look forward to cable television, high speed Internet and other modern amenities. There is a separate shower and tub in the private bathroom area. There are non-smoking rooms available as well as rooms for the physically disabled. Guests can choose between 1-2 beds in their unit.

Special amenities here include a business center (with faxing services) for professionals and a front desk service that is opened all day and night. The Motel 6 Butler Avenue Flagstaff does allow pets. It also has laundry facilities and a swimming pool for relaxing. There is a center for snacking, ice and drinks.

Motel 6 Flagstaff - Butler Avenue Amenities

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower