Mossman Gorge

Mossman, Australia
Mossman Gorge - Mossman River
Mossman Gorge - The Mossman Gorge through the trees
Mossman Gorge - Swing bridge over the Mossman Gorge
Mossman Gorge - The swing bridge is high up in the trees of the rain forrest.

Mossman Gorge Reviews

glennisnz glennisnz
Mossman Gorge Apr 19, 2008
The Mossman Gorge, just a short drive from the small town of Mossman, is a great walk, fortunately, nothing too strenuous as the temperature is hot and sticky, but when you get into the rain forest the temperature is much more comfortable, nicely cool. There is a rushing river tumbling over huge boulders with lots of lovely deep pool where people stop for a swim among the tame fish that swim in big schools along the river. How exciting to be nibbled gentlely by the tame fishes while you swim!

There is a swing brige across the river high in the trees, just great for watching the small birds, not too swingy as to be scarery.

The walkway goes on for a long way but we only went as far as the swing bridge and enjoyed our walk very much.
Mossman River
Swing bridge over the Mossman Gorge
The swing bridge is high up in the…
The Mossman Gorge through the trees
Sunflower300 says:
It was actually a fern cave not a moss cave. I have moss on the brain. :)
Posted on: Apr 20, 2008
Sunflower300 says:
I visited here with my family when I was ten years old, and the place was so beautiful, even to a ten year old. I would love to go back and see it again. I remember a moss cave that you had to climb a ladder to get to, as the cave was half way up a cliff face. I was here the first time a butterfly lit upon my shoulder. Very special memories indeed, thanks for bringing them back to me.
Posted on: Apr 20, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Mossman Gorge

Finally a visit to Mossman Gorge
This morning Annelyse and I woke up pretty early to run to the shop and grab some breakfast stuff for us to make. When we got back to the apartment, I made pancakes for breakfast and cut up fruit for…Mossman Gorge. We left the house around 10:30 with packed sandwiches and snacks and made our way up to Mossman
Mossman Gorge and a lazy day in Port Douglas
This morning we were on the road by 8:30 in an attempt to beat the crowds at Mossman Gorge. We decided to go for the 2.7km walk first and hope to be warm enough to jump in the river afterwards. The w…Mossman Gorge. We decided to go for the 2.7km walk first and hope to be warm enough to jump…
Croc Country
Today was the day, that I was looking forward to the most on our trip to Port Douglas. We would be venturing out to crocodile country in Northern Queensland. I have a great fascination for these anim…Mossman Gorge. As we drove further north and getting closer to the Daintree River, the bus driver started to tell…

Check Mossman Hotel Deals