Mossel Bay Backpackers

Check Mossel Bay Hotel Deals

Mossel Bay Backpackers Reviews

Stigen Stigen
Luxury hostel Mar 02, 2012
This is probably one of the more luxurious hostels I have stayed in. The rooms look just like a hotel room, and all the commodities are present. The shared toilet was Ok, but not quite as impressive. .

The communal area is quite nice and spacey, there is a really great pool in the central garden. The roof terrace has amzing views over the whole bay, and it is a beautiful place to have breakfast.

There is a bar serving alcohol, and they do offer breakfast at a price.

The guys in the reception were quite helpful, even volunteering to call around to book the next hostel for us.

I think a lot of the people staying here were surfers, but there was a good mix of other travellers as well. This is the reccomended Lonely Planet hostel - so obviously very popular.

It is quite close to the main street where there are lots of restaurants and shops.

The reason I don't want to give it 5 stars is mixed :

- I think the room was expensive. I know we could have had a room at some of the other hostels much cheaper. We paid less for a single room in the centre of Cape town. The dormitory is priced similarly to other hostel though.

- I think it is very unreasonable to charge for using the Wif-fi , specially when we alredy paid a lot of money foir the room.

- this is probably the first hostel I have seen were you are not allowed to drink your own alcohol, you have to buy it from their expensive bar...not good....

- The breakfast was expensive, but at least there was a kitchen, so an option to make your own breakfast as we did.

They offer free tea and coffe, which is quite nice.
Breakfast with a view