Mosaic House

Mosaic House Rates and Deals

Mosaic House Prague Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Affordable fun time backpacker hostel Feb 02, 2013
One of the first things I remember about my stay here is how helpful the staff were. Sometimes things went wrong, that happens, but it is how people deal with fixing the situation that counts. I lost some stuff one day & the receptionist was extremely helpful in trying to help me find them & then even gave me a free camera charger that they had spare when I couldn't find mine. On another day I did some laundry, put some coins in the wrong machine & got given some more coins by another receptionist. On top of that, when the machine wouldn't work he had it fixed straight away. I think little things like that deserve a mention as they go a long way!

Mosaic House is a very big hostel with hundreds of beds & is tastefully decorated throughout. On my first three nights I stayed in an eight-bed dorm for around €9/night. After three nights I wanted to stay longer but had to move to a six-bed dorm, it was also the weekend so the price went up to about €13/night, which is still cheap for European standards. Bare in mind that this was in January/February (low season).

The eight-bed had two bathrooms attached & the six-bed had one. The beds were comfortable & the rooms, bathrooms & hostel in general were all clean & I saw them being cleaned every day. There were lockers under the beds & safety deposit boxes downstairs.

Downstairs was a big bar; Belushi's bar. It serves great food for good prices, drinks are a tad expensive though for normal Czech prices. Sadly even a few floors up it can get a bit loud especially on an evening time if you're trying to sleep. They could turn the music down a notch. When you're down there it is a great atmosphere, & a great place to meet people & there are often live bands playing. A good variety breakfast buffet is also served in the morning although you have to pay a few euros for that.

There's free wifi throughout the hostel, computers to use for a fee & a few other common areas you can sit in & relax. There are also laundry facilities for a fee, I think it cost me about 10 euros to wash & dry all of my clothes. I would recommend taking the free walking tour in a morning although a tip is obviously expected. It's a great way to see Prague!

The hostel is in a pretty good location, just a short walk from the river & close to the main shopping streets of Prague. It's about three tram stops away from the train station (tram 9, but make sure you get it in the right direction unlike I did, I also got fined for not validating my ticket so be careful, woops)!

Mosaic House is such good value for money although you do spend more down in the bar on food & drinks so it all adds up! It's a great hostel to meet other travellers, the staff are to be commended & I would stay there again!
Mosaic House, Prague
Mosaic House, Prague
brettjayhawk brettjay…
Mosaic House May 06, 2012
Mosaic House is a great and I'll even say a fancier type of hostel. I would recommend anyone that is visiting Prague to stay here if you can afford a little extra. They have a large common area where they serve food/alcoholic beverages and they have a pretty decent breakfast. Since they serve food there is no kitchen to prepare meals for yourself. One night they had live music. It is within walking distance of the railway. I got to Prague very early in the morning and was able to crash on a couch. Mosaic House is walking distance to most of the major sites and you can get to the bars very easily. I stayed in a 18-person mixed room, it wasn't that bad barely knew anyone was in there with me.
limbu limbu
St Christophers Inn @ Mosaic House. Apr 19, 2011
Here goes my first ever review on Travbuddy...

Modern, clean, comfortable, stylish and most of all this sleek hostel is located just minutes away from the old town square. After checking in, I was handed a well designed map of Prague with must see and must do's. Really useful when you have landed in Prague without any research. The best part of the stay for me had to be the bathroom. CLEAN and equipped with rain head showers. Just what one needs after a long day of walking around the old city. The staff is young, dynamic and really helpful. You can meet with other travellers at The Belushi Bar in the lower level.

As my Malaysian roommate said, "If this is your first time in a hostel.DO NOT CONSIDER THIS AS A STANDARD FOR HOSTELS IN EUROPE. THIS IS SHEER LUXURY! THE BEST HOSTEL I HAVE STAYED IN!"

Less than 12 hours in Prague, I walked to ALL of the major tourist spots and return just in time to check out.

I wish I could have stayed longer.

The only small negative detail - my reading light was missing :(

All in all, I highly recommend the hostel.

If you have any questions about Prague or the Hostel, feel free to contact me.
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Apr 24, 2011
limbu says:
Daniel, Thank you! :)

Vyne, it is true... to an extent! :)
And yes, Prague is far more beautiful than Vienna.
Posted on: Apr 20, 2011
Vyne says:
Hey..congrats on your first ever review...you are slowly becoming 'THE TRAVELLER' :P Really sounds like luxury for a hostel!Also, is it true that Eastern Europe is much cheaper in general and these places are amazing also bcoz to a large extent time seems to have stood still:)
Posted on: Apr 19, 2011
AlexFrank AlexFrank
Best Hostel I have been to May 14, 2011
Has more of Hotel feel to it. Not like any hostel you have been to.

Newly refurbished building, as i was their they were still working on it, summer 10'

Restrooms/rooms i have never seen cleaner at a Hostel.

The staff was absolutely amazing, except for this one Spanish guy(who is probably gone now), extremely helpful.

Fairly knowledge able about stuff around city. Food was kinda of expensive, and bar was good, but again slightly expensive.

It seemed to me to be in a good neighborhood. I was never worried coming and going. Close to old part of town.
I left it to my friend to book the…
wingyau wingyau
Mosaic House May 17, 2011
When my friend organised our stay at a hostel I was preparing myself for dirty toilets, beds etc. However,this is the number 1 rated hostel in Prague...I can see why now. This actually use to be a hotel but then some rooms were converted for hostel use. I stayed in a room for 8 which was spacious and secure. The walk-in shower was the best feature. There's a nice open bar in the foyer which was great for meeting other travellers and sharing stories. Its also only a 10-15min walk to old town which was perfect for nights out.

I highly recommend staying here for its location, price, quality and finally the open atmosphere...

Mosaic House Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels