"Morskie Oko"

8 Plac Szczepański, Krakow, Poland

"Morskie Oko" Krakow Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
Of the main square... Apr 23, 2013
It is not difficult to find a restaurant serving traditional Polish cuisine in Krakow as the vast majority of them is located in the Main Square where all the tourists flock.

Morskie Oko restaurant is located in a much smaller square, Plac Szczepański, which is only 5 minute walk away from the main one.

The restaurant resembles those in Zakopane, as it's decorated in mountaineer style, and seems to be very popular in the evenings. It is difficult to get the table there without prior booking, or it takes a long wait to get in if you don't.

Nonetheless, we tried our luck and decided to eat there without making advance booking. Luckily, the outside tables were still free so we sat at the table flicking through the menu given to us by the waitress (yet again wearing traditional regional mountaineer clothing). As it was late evening already, I inquired about a table inside. It didn't look likely that we would get one as the restaurant was packed. Eventually, just after we ordered our drinks, the waitress approached us to take us downstairs to the table. We were excited since there was life band playing folk music and dancers performing.

It was all looking good. We sat at the table for a quite long while without being served or approached. I finally made an inquiry with a waitress about our drinks, and we were asked to wait longer. In the end the drinks arrived and we were also able to order the food.

The food arrived promptly without too long a wait, but my dish - spinach dumplings, were served with onions which I asked not to have with my meal. The waitress advised they are made with onions inside as well, apologised for not informing me while taking my order, and offered to change my order to something different. Eventually, I ordered cheese dumpling instead.

My dinner arrived as everyone else was finishing their meals. I didn't mind that as it looked appetising. And it was very palatable.

Before we paid our bill, the waitress approached our table with some shooters and some kind of alcohol in her hands. She apologised for all the hustle we went though tonight and served us a shooter of alcohol each on the house.

The shooters went down very smoothly. It was a great finish to our evening.

The bill total for Redberry Caipiroska (cocktail) and dumplings - 23PLN (£6). Absolute bargain :)

Although my experience that night wasn't flawless, but since the restaurant made an effort to acknowledge and put right their not such a good service, I would recommend the visit to the restaurant especially to those who never make it to Zakopane.
Upstairs bar
Staircase leading downstairs
Folk dancing
sarahthevegasbride sarahthe…
Unique Polish Restaurant Jan 19, 2012
What a lovely little restaurant just behind the main square. Was greeted by a really nice waitress who made us feel welcome. The prices were very reasonable. Tried the dumplings with mushrooms and cabbage and they were fab!

They also do great vodka cocktails were lovely too.

2 starters, 2 mains and drinks 130pln.

Lovely little unique place which is warm and inviting i highly recommend if you are in Krakow
Martin_Austria Martin_A…
Traditional Mountain / Country syled Restaurant Feb 01, 2011
Morskie Oko is a traditional Polish restaurant right in the center of Krakow.

The restaurant is styled like a mine and the waiters are dressed in traditional dresses. They have really nice polish food.

I have been to quite a few restaurants in Krakow, this one is different. And its in the center of Krakow. So if you want to have a fun night dinner - check it out.

Check Krakow Hotel Deals