Moroccan Locals

Agadir, Morocco

Moroccan Locals Agadir Reviews

maroctruth maroctru…
Friendly Agadir Locals Mar 30, 2011
I visited Morocco a couple of times before a 6-month stint in Agadir. I have realised that the locals here will do anything to try to get money from white people. While on holiday, I stuck to the town centre and was often accosted by sellers or "guides". At first I tried to be polite, but found that they do not understand "no". I thought that if I lived in the subarbs, I would be left alone. This is not the case. I cannot leave my house without being stared at, asked for money and cigarettes, children following me. I had hoped to invest here, and make some Moroccan friends, but, sadly, I have learned that Moroccans are racist money-grabbers and so I will be leaving shortly. All the Europeans I have met here feel the same way, and only socialise with other Europeans.

I wish to advise anyone thinking of visiting Morocco, to stay to the main town centre and don't be afraid to ignore the men who try to give you directions to the souk etc. Most importantly don't trust ANY locals, however friendly they seem.

Check Agadir Hotel Deals