Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca

Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca Rates and Deals

Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca Reviews

DAO DAO
Loud Music All Night Long Apr 03, 2017
The Moroccan House Hotel was designed to have an elaborate and beautiful décor. It is a total waste of time and energy because you can’t get to sleep until 3 or 4 am. AVOID THIS HOTEL! When I arrived at the entrance I was very impressed with the outside decoration and I was greeted warmly by the doorman. The interior revealed a lobby with some ornamental decorations that looked faintly palatial. The Interior Decorator should get an award for dressing up this 3-star hotel. I reminded the receptionist that I had requested a quiet room when I had booked the room months ago. He assured me it was a quiet room. He is one dishonest bastard. He kept a straight face as he told me the BIG LIE.

I went up to find my room (number 33) and realised that it was facing towards the larger of the 2 roads. The room was very well decorated with lots of art, nice furniture and impressively dressed beds. I was very tired and wary of hearing road traffic, so I went back down to reception. This time it was a lady and she told me that this WAS the quiet side and she assured me it was a quiet room. She is a lying bitch.

Anyway, I went up to my nice looking room and selected the third bed from the window. And I went to sleep for an hour before I set out to have dinner and an early night. I was tired and had a morning flight to Mauritania. So far so good. My room was nice looking and functional. The free Wi-Fi barely worked and dropped out. Repeatedly. My bathroom was basic and worn, but functional. I got up and out for an early meal.

When I returned the room was relatively quiet, with the odd car horn, but as it became dark the road traffic dwindled. I laid down to sleep. And then I heard wailing! Horrible singing followed my loud Moroccan folk music. LOUD. It seemed to be coming from just outside my window, but I couldn’t see anything. Just like modern mosques belching out the call to prayer with modern speakers – this was definitely magnified.

I went back down to reception. This time they told me all the rooms were occupied and I couldn’t change rooms. Probably more lies.

Anyway – I went outside to investigate. Across the street is a massive cultural center and it was hosting a wedding for HUNDREDS of people. They had live musicians and lots of speakers. The whole street reverberated to the sound of singing and dancing. I went back and laid in bed and tried to sleep. The music stopped at 4am. At 7am the began demolishing the stairs for a complete remodel of it and the room next door to me! With sledge hammers! Quiet room my arse.

THANKS FOR NOTHING MOROCCAN HOUSE HOTEL.

EXTRA CHARGES:

• City Tax: MAD 11 per person, per night

• Tourism fee: MAD 7.70 per person, per night

• Energy surcharge: MAD 5.50 per person per night

DAO’s Verdict:

- Loud music played across from the hotel until 4am. Very loud.

- They advertise that “you can choose the color of your room” – a total lie

- They like to do building work in the mornings

- Free but piss poor Wi-Fi

- Stay somewhere else
Bojasem Bojasem
nice but average Oct 06, 2013
the location average in 3, Rue Mohamed SMIHA | Cote Avenue des FAR, Centre-Ville, Casablanca, Morocco

i stay in this hotel one day for rest before returning to my country. .

the hotel traditional Moroccan style it amazing i like the doors ,decoration,big key,the furniture ,the paint.

the breakfast very nice delicious i like fried eggs, cake, olive but the juice very bad tang.

i do not like the staff unfriendly very bad everything by money ,map one paper one euro,,you

sight seeing menu you must pay nothing free.

the WiFi weak & stop many times.

Air conditioned. Negative very weak you fell hot in spite of it is open.

the Bathroom wasn't great & hot water very weak.

i book in this hotel because i like the traditional style but i think when i visit casa next time i

will not book in this hotel again
Bojasem says:
you are welcome
Posted on: Oct 09, 2013
wandafromtexas says:
sometimes we just have to take a luxury break! thanks!
Posted on: Oct 08, 2013

Moroccan House Hotel Casablanca Overview

The Moroccan House Casablanca is a charming 3 hotel built downtown as a Riad, the traditional Moroccan house. Inaugurated in 2011 and the second of its kind after the one in Marrakech, it is composed of 46 rooms some for disabled guests (including 5 suites), all different and spread over 10 floors. Unlike an ordinary hotel, here the architecture, decoration, and a warm welcome are genuinely traditional and make the hotel a small palace, for you to discover the authentic Moroccan hospitality in a setting of the Thousand and One Nights . Services required by modern hotels are not forgotten with a 2424 reception, air-conditioned spaces, elevators, free parking, laundry and dry cleaning service, currency exchange, Internet access. The rooms, each of a different decoration and color, have canopy beds, air conditioning, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, internet access, mini-bar, safe, balcony and bathroom with bath, toiletries and hairdryer. For breakfast you will find a rich and varied Moroccan buffet (more than 30 dishes). The restaurant installed in the 3 Moroccan living rooms, offers specialties of local cuisine with a different menu every day. There is also a tearoom on the ground floor. Finally the hotel offers a Spa and Wellness area with hammam Beldi, massage and facials room, and a gym.

Moroccan House Hotel Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower