D23, Vernou, Guadeloupe

Morne à Louis Vernou Reviews

Chokk Chokk
No view but a nice try Apr 23, 2012
We left the Cascade aux Ecrevisses and headed for a place called Morne à Louis, which we had no idea what was. I had just seen a sign to a narrow road and where there is a road there is a way. The road started with a small surprise, as there only was a really narrow path to get your car by; if it was made on purpose or not, we never found out but we managed to get by.

It was a steep and narrow road that was a bit bumpy, loads of birds flew in front of us all the time and we were climbing quite fast. I hoped that we would have a possibility to get a great view of the coast from there but I had no idea if it was possible.

Finally when we reached the top at 743 meters we were not able to see much because the whole area was shaded with large plants and none seem to care about that. It might have been a really nice viewpoint once, but I also guess that the plants grow really fast at this place.

On top of the hill there were some large antennas and it was obvious that it formerly had been a military area and now probably was a combination of that still and a mobile phone company site.

We went down the same way taking picture of the magnificent plants and views of the green shades and colors along the road down and we were quite happy that we had followed this strange path as well.
Muddy car
Morne à Louis

Compare Bouillante Hotel Rates (13.6km away)

Morne à Louis Map