Morin Inn

Check Negombo Hotel Deals

Morin Inn Negombo Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Morin Inn Jun 14, 2013
Cheap, clean, no frill and very basic guesthouse next to Silver Sand hotel (which I stayed the night before),and right at Negombo street with plenty of shops and restaurants next door. Easy transportation to and from city centre by public bus or three wheeler.

This cheap hotel was recommended from someone I met in Jaffna and I checked it out as it was next door from the hotel I stay in Negombo. It has 5 rooms available and no guest at all at that time and no air condition in the rooms.

Since I have late night flight out from Sri Lanka, I thought it would be okay to stay there for a couple of hours rest, than I have to pay extra night at the current hotel I stay which will cost me Rs3,500 equivalent to usd 26 (no discount unfortunately) even for stay half a day only.

And I would not stay in the room much since I will be out and about exploring the town, as it was my last day, so I opt for the cheapest option available.

This place has everything I need for 5 hours waiting for my flight, basic small room with double bed, fan and en suite shower with hot water but no air condition and cost Rs700 equivalent to usd 5.30 cents per night without breakfast (same price even I only stay for 5 hours).

I do not need any luxury in the room for a short stay and only need to have shower before go to airport and I can use the free internet with wifi access from inside the room. I thought it was really good bargain, since there were not many budget hotel has internet inside the room.

No soap or shampoo definitely at this place but shower has good pressure and I was grateful since it was really hot in Negombo. There were no towel provide but can ask for one at the reception.

Unfortunately the room at the back which is a new building is really hot even with the fan turn on at full speed and I sweat like pig. Probably the room inside the house would be cooler.

Surprisingly that place also double as a travel agent for day trip around Negombo city, and I book my taxi to go to airport from here at fraction of price as I only use the room for less than 5 hours.

I do not remember how much does it cost for the taxi to airport, but definitely cheaper than the taxi offered from the other hotel. The guesthouse owner is friendly and he said his nephew will drive the taxi for me.

It is actually a private car without taxi sign on it, the car is small but looks new, clean and nice and the driver is polite but do not speak much English, except how are you and thank you. At least he drops me at the airport safely as he drives slowly which make me think that he just get his license.
the room