610 Main St, Napa, CA, USA - (707) 252-1600

Morimoto Napa Reviews

rabrown rabrown
Good but Too Expensive Aug 23, 2011
The food is elegant and delicious but would I go back to that restaurant, maybe. First off you are looking at a menu with entrees between 25 and 85 dollars each. You obviously pay for great food but I felt like I was paying more for the name then the food as this is obviously the famous Iron Chef Moriomoto's restaurant. It is in a great part of Napa downtown on the water in the recently opened part on the waterfront. It is a great location and a good place to go if you were celebrating an anniversary or birthday or something in that nature but if you are trying to experience "The Napa Valley" it is not the stop I would make. I ended up getting the Porkchop and applesauce, which was tasty but didnt blow my world along with a sapporo beer that alone ended up running me about 45 dollars alone and with my friend, the total wound up being about 100 dollars for two. Great venue, nice location, ok service, expensive food, decent night.
Dining Room during the day!
My friends meal of sushi, alil to …
BMBryant BMBryant
Delight to the palate Aug 24, 2010
Being the foodie I am upon hearing that Iron Chef Morimoto opening a restaurant in Napa my friend and I just had to go. Morimoto’s Of Napa ( upon entrance was the typical stuffy hostess but after that it seemed to come down to earth after entering into the lounge area. The restaurant's ambience was nouveau chic meets a tad industrial here and there yet overall warm. After waiting for about fifteen minutes which in that time I had a chance to meet Chef Morimoto himself. After learning of Waygu and Kobe beef I had to try the Waygu Beef Carpaccio which was delectable and amazing.

Since at a sushi restaurant I went with the Chef’s Sushi and my friend sea urchin carbonara, an interesting take on the popular Italian dish using udon noodles instead. When the entrees arrived I was stunned so much sushi and quite the selection. There was an over abundance of nigri and a roll of choice. The sushi was amazing to say the least. I don’t eat unagi yet the way Morimoto’s prepared it was delicious a slight salty but with a lovely crunch and no over powering fishiness to the aftertaste. The carbonara came out great which I commend them on since it is a risky take on such a classic beloved dish another reason I love Morimoto’s work. The restaurant is perfect for groups , but while a little pricey it is worth the indulgence. Morimoto’s of Napa is soon on its way to becoming a staple in the Napa downtown scene.

Morimoto’s was nice conclusion to a great weekend.

Check Napa Hotel Deals