Moravian Bookstore

428 Main St, Bethlehem, PA, USA

Moravian Bookstore Bethlehem Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
The Moravian Book Shop Dec 04, 2009
The Moravian Book Shop, founded in 1745, is said to be the oldest continuously operating bookstore in the world. It has been at the same location on Main Street since 1871.

The shop does stock a selection of bestsellers, current trade titles, and children's books. Author book signings are often scheduled. But, gifts, seasonal merchandise, cards, and souvenirs make up the majority of the store today. (It reminded me more of a store on Merchant's Square in Colonial Williamsburg that strictly a bookstore.)

Christmas is a popular season at the store where Moravian Star ornaments, Bethlehem themed items, and seasonal items, including a wide selection of ornaments can be purchased. (We bought one of the Moravian Star ornments.)

The Book Shop also has a Deli (with free Wi-Wi) and a gormet food section.
Moravian Book Shop
Flyinhigh says:
Yay, free WiFi!
Posted on: Dec 19, 2009
binky binky
The Moravian Bookstore Jun 13, 2008
Moravian Bookstore was founded in 1745 and is the oldest continually bookstore in the world. Pretty impressive really, and no, I am not being sarcastic for once. Besides books, they have a section for gifts, candy, cards and other household goods.

Because it was the Christmas holiday when I went, it was crazy getting through the aisles of the gift section. I mean it was insane! They didn’t have enough cash registers to handle the people, but like most places during the holiday you have to expect lines and be patient. It really wasn’t all that bad.

We decided we had to go to the bookstore section so we headed to the next building. Much better! Not nearly as crowded! The bookstore itself was not huge, but it is decently sized and had a good selection; a little bit of everything so no matter who you are, you could find something for your reading needs.

It was very clean, well organized and just a nice little spot all around. I think I would like it more after the holidays because it would be easier to browse without the crowds, but even so it was really great. Over all a good experience!
The Movarian Bookshop

Related Travel Blogs About Moravian Bookstore

The Joys of Bethlehem at Christmas Time! - Life is Good Again!
Bethlehem at Christmastime, I had been waiting for this moment for the past few months.  What could be better?  My friend, Chip and I were a bit concerned on the Friday before we were to le…Bethlehem was the historic Moravian Bookstore.   The Moravian Bookstore is the oldest continually run bookstore in the world being…

Check Bethlehem Hotel Deals