Morature

Yokohama, Japan

Morature Yokohama Reviews

bensonryan bensonry…
High end French Cuisine Oct 28, 2015
Morature is a high end Bistro located in Yokohama Japan. It is conveniently located in the Seya ward. The establishment is rather small seating at most fifty occupants. It is a small business operated by what seems only a courteous two-team waitstaff and a chef. Atmospherically European, the climate is rather comfortable with its acoustic mood music and wine selection riddled background.

The food selection while family friendly is a bit limited in choices, offering more a set course meal consisting of five to six smaller portions rather than a large entree with sides. There is an emphasis on seafood. I had a lobster and lamb chop combination, along with a splash of carrot soup. The portion sizes were rather tiny. The food looked stylishly fancy and tasted fresh but a tad short coming on edible substance. Maybe that's my American appetite doing the criticizing but I wish I got a bit more out of a meal that costs 6000 per person.

I am not fully confident that I can recommend Morature due to my personally informal nature. But there is a market for this. There is a lot of pride and formality placed in each entree and beverage served. Looking to propose a significant other to marry? Or make a solid first impression on a date? Or discuss business matters to your colleagues in a rather soothing environment? Then Morature is the place to go. Just make sure you understand Japanese when you go.
Carrot soup
cotton_foam says:
You wrote a very good review though! I hope this gets featured! ;)
Posted on: Nov 14, 2015
vances says:
Like the line "a splash of carrot soup" immediately before "portion sizes were rather tiny". You are much better at foreshadowing than I am!

:^)
Posted on: Oct 29, 2015
Vikram says:
I agree, I'm not into the fancy shmancy stuff myself
Posted on: Oct 28, 2015